Distant Voices (and something for free)

bjornpdx

Distant Voices (and something for free)

I put some of my vocal libraries to use in this project.
It was a little tricky getting the phrases to work together and also keeping them reasonably in key.

Vocals from:
Rast Sound Persian Vocals
SoundIron Mimi Page
Heavyocity Vocalise
Alchemy Dream Voices

also:
u-He Diva
Omnisphere
Arturia Pigments

FREE    
I'm giving away a dbx 286s mic preamp/processor. You pay for shipping. I used it a couple of times but it didn't work out for me. PM me if you're interested.

-Bjorn

• Like 3

Paul, thanks for the comment. There's something about Middle Eastern and Spanish scales that really appeal. And then put a female vocalist in there and the effect is like opium or something.  There's a book called Music, the Brain and Ecstasy that describes it pretty well.

Thanks Tom. Appreciate the comment.

Thanks tom. My wife said the vocal is too buzzy and I assumed she was referring to the track you mentioned. Nope, she was talking about another track. She didn't have a problem with your track so I don't know what to think.  The track you mentioned does have some aliasing fuzz but I thought that would get lost in the mix. I'm thinking about applying some EQ to it to see if it sounds better.

• Like 1

@bjornpdx As ever you make my furry ears smile with your musical adventures.

There is something so evocative about those Middle eastern scales, they add a depth that I feel is often missing in western scales. Peter Gabriel's Passion album springs to mind.

If I was to offer a constructive criticism the opening female vocal feels a little harsh perhaps some subtle surgical EQ to take the edges off.

Keep them coming I just love your style and approach to making music. :) Thank you for sharing with us here.

• Like 1

I thought this piece  was really nice .. well done Bjørn.

We all paint very different pictures..
But the lead vocal in the beginning is harsh and cuts through the ears at the beginning with the rotary pan.
Really shows up on my monitors.

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 1