EZBass Trial Now Available!

cclarry

I finally tried EZBass on a new tune where I thought my established bass part could use some new ideas.

It's a new 'Citizen Regen' metal tune. So, I loaded up the metal bass, plugged in the chords, and chose some metal patterns for the intro, verse, pre-chorus and the chorus.

Comparatively speaking the various patterns I picked vs what I originally played were pretty busy (think Victor Wooten Solo but in Metal genre). One small verse section was even pretty close to what I originally played. 

Now, there was one section I really liked and so I nicked it for my final take that I played on the track, not EZBass. It was something I would probably never  would have stumbled on, so it was a cool find.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

I finally tried EZBass on a new tune where I thought my established bass part could use some new ideas.

It's a new 'Citizen Regen' metal tune. So, I loaded up the metal bass, plugged in the chords, and chose some metal patterns for the intro, verse, pre-chorus and the chorus.

Comparatively speaking the various patterns I picked vs what I originally played were pretty busy (think Victor Wooten Solo but in Metal genre). One small verse section was even pretty close to what I originally played. 

Now, there was one section I really liked and so I nicked it for my final take that I played on the track, not EZBass. It was something I would probably never  would have stumbled on, so it was a cool find.

Bapu , have you dragged your playing in it to take it as a start for search ? 

12 hours ago, Bapu said:

yeah. it can come up with some interesting parts. to be honest, i find all of them a little over the top and have to tone them down to 10% of the notes. i still dont really dig the sound of the bass in EZBass. I just export the dry DI and run it through an IKM  bass amp sim.

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Bapu already knows it's not gonna work. EZ doesn't know how to play the Am note.😀

Only Bapu can play Bapu .... when you drag an drop or try to analyse you get kernel panic an blue screeen of death .... lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 3

On 1/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, telecode 101 said:

yeah. it can come up with some interesting parts. to be honest, i find all of them a little over the top and have to tone them down to 10% of the notes. i still dont really dig the sound of the bass in EZBass. I just export the dry DI and run it through an IKM  bass amp sim.

I generally find most Toontrack MIDI to be a bit over-done, except EXKeys which I find to be often under-done.

On 1/22/2022 at 2:58 AM, Bapu said:

Comparatively speaking the various patterns I picked vs what I originally played were pretty busy

IMO this is a problem on a lot of instrument patterns (also from other vendors)!

This is my major instrumentation problem, too! 😆 Often I create too many cool instrument parts that compete against each other. So I end up having almost unsolvable mixing problems!