Expand/Collapse all Strips in Track View or Folder

Syphus

Question

Is there a keyboard binding that will allow the collapse or expansion of the "all selected tracks" in the Track View?

I have looked and can not seem to find any keyboard commands.    What I want to do is select all the tracks in a given Folder and collapse/expand them all at once (not Take Lanes).

Thanks,

Syphus

6 answers to this question

It doesn't look like the expand/collapse supports quick grouping, but what you can do is:

1. Click on the area between the +/-  and the folder icon on the folder to select all the tracks within the folder.
2. Hold down CTRL and resize the track.  This will resize all the selected tracks.

12 hours ago, msmcleod said:

It doesn't look like the expand/collapse supports quick grouping, but what you can do is:

1. Click on the area between the +/-  and the folder icon on the folder to select all the tracks within the folder.
2. Hold down CTRL and resize the track.  This will resize all the selected tracks.

Thanks -  I knew of that trick.  I just thought there might be something like CTRL click on the double arrow in the right hand corner (with all the tracks selected in the folder).  Of course, I could not get that to work . . .

I'll check it out and see if it will do me for now  . . .  and I have to add:  Developers should add this,  I think it might be useful . . .    LOL

Syphus

Edited by Syphus

@msmcleod  After checking out the above suggestion, I find that it is not adequate for what I was trying to accomplish.

Yes, this will allow one to shrink the strips (tracks) to a minimum, but once that is done, the double arrows in the top right corner are now useless.  Clicking on them does nothing to expand the strip since this is now the collapse & expand height.  I can see this has some function (CTRL + resize track), but not what I wanted to do.

I would again suggest that "expand/collapse" support the quick grouping of tracks.

Thanks,

Syphus

Two tricks I’m using a lot since I found them are:

Short cut F- all tracks fit to screen. 

Auto track zoom - found in the view menu of track pane. Sort of works like holding Ctrl but only the mouse pointer is needed. It’s a bit buggy for some reason and sometimes you get variable results. And it doesn’t have a shortcut to toggle.