Is This War (Where killers are hero's)

whoisp

Excellent all the way around --- video,  lyrics, composition, performance, and mix!!!  It asks an excellent question but maybe the vocal could come up  a bit. 

I must add a brief support of the broad area of real Science.  Pure science is simply a body  of knowledge, and the methods and protocols used to pursue gaining this knowledge.  Conclusions are based upon a hypothesis which  is tested by using empirical data obtained by observation and experimentation.   These conclusions are then published and sent out for peer review.  Science is one of the few disciplines that begs to have its results questioned.  What is done with this knowledge (e.g., product development, applied engineering, environmental management, politics, etc., etc.,) falls outside of the realm of pure science.  Sorry for the rant --- longer than I thought. 

Again,  I really enjoyed this well done and excellent piece!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jack c. said:

bring up voice with less verb.jack c.

i was going to sit the music back and put vocal more out in front, your right and another person pursued me against it lol I am one for put vocal out in front and les verb... listen to myself i should haha

34 minutes ago, freddy j said:

Excellent all the way around --- video,  lyrics, composition, performance, and mix!!!  It asks an excellent question but maybe the vocal could come up  a bit. 

I must add a brief support of the broad area of real Science.  Pure science is simply a body  of knowledge, and the methods and protocols used to pursue gaining this knowledge.  Conclusions are based upon a hypothesis which  is tested by using empirical data obtained by observation and experimentation.   These conclusions are then published and sent out for peer review.  Science is one of the few disciplines that begs to have its results questioned.  What is done with this knowledge (e.g., product development, applied engineering, environmental management, politics, etc., etc.,) falls outside of the realm of pure science.  Sorry for the rant --- longer than I thought. 

Again,  I really enjoyed this well done and excellent piece!

I'm totally with you on your rant.... probably why the video/song was stuck in me... 

28 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice work on this one, I like it.  I agree with Jack about the voice.  It sounds a little lost in the mix to me.  You've probably heard this before, but it reminds me a little of Phil Collins and Genesis.  

i guess its my first tune that's got the Phil Collins element, its the vocal verb doubler i created. Yes i agree was going to sit vocal in front more. 

I'm going to echo what everyone said...great track!  I want to say less verb and raise the vocal also, but the more I listen I'm not sure you change anything.  Check it out and try it, but maybe it's good where everything sits as is.  I'm getting jealous of all the cool tracks on this forum.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Already a subscriber, did "like" and comment.

t

Best of luck moving the community to "help" over at YouTube.
I've been badgering the Forum for a while; to no avail...

Yes the community really should help, we all love music and its free to subscribe and i always listen to people tracks anyway.  Why should we let YouTube etc monetise our work .  Anyone wants me to subscribe i will and i love listening to what people are doing . 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 9:05 PM, Jimbo 88 said:

I'm going to echo what everyone said...great track!  I want to say less verb and raise the vocal also, but the more I listen I'm not sure you change anything.  Check it out and try it, but maybe it's good where everything sits as is.  I'm getting jealous of all the cool tracks on this forum.

I did mess about with it, the verb was meant to give it that airy verb feeling, i thought it worked. I run it past a few people and they like it with this level of verb sitting in the music vibe instead of out in front more. Different  headphones, monitors and people audio systems or eq setup also makes a big difference with the vocal. I got to a point and just made a decision with my ears. Irony i am normally always the type what put vocals to far in front or to loud haha

Great Song ! I loved the Power and also the Collins feel. I'm sure you'll play with the vocals more until you are satisfied. Have you ever tried a "whisper track" under the vocals for air?  Sometimes it works great on select phrases.  I'll sure be keeping an eye on this one .      new subscriber ..    mark

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Great Song ! I loved the Power and also the Collins feel. I'm sure you'll play with the vocals more until you are satisfied. Have you ever tried a "whisper track" under the vocals for air?  Sometimes it works great on select phrases.  I'll sure be keeping an eye on this one .      new subscriber ..    mark

I use a "whisper track" every now and again. really works to and character with some vocals, especially female vocals 

On 1/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, David Sprouse said:

Like your song alot.  It's an innocent question your asking (or is it?).   

It's more of how people interpret for themselves. I would say its a legitimate question, look at whats going on is it? haha