Any Judas Priest fans?

Lord Tim

We had a bit of fun recently doing a cover of a bit of an overlooked gem in the Priest catalogue, Blood Red Skies from the Ram it Down album:

It's pretty faithful to the original, but with a lot of the orchestration that I always felt was missing - this is definitely a cinematic sci-fi kind of song, so it was just begging for some movie score treatment in it (but without overdoing it so it's no longer a metal song). Nice big fat 80s synths, BBC Symphony Orchestra as the main orchestration, and tight pants all-round! HAHA!

Hope you guys dig it. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tim,

Fantastic cover.   I really like what you did  with the orchestration, it has a Judas Priest doing the next Bond Theme feel.   Production and performance are top notch.   Fortunately most hernia procedures are now outpatient so shouldn't be a terrible inconvenience to get that fixed:)

Great work, really enjoyed it.

Regards

• Like 1

Yes, this is most definitely 80s era Priest here rather than their also excellent 70s output. I did have to take out a small bank loan for spandex and studded leather to make this track authentic! (Aw who am I kidding? My closet is full of this stuff 😒)

Cheers for the awesome comments, guys! Really cool 🙂

• Haha 3

Man I missed this one!! Great job LT. 

JP is one of my favorites out there. We could only play certain songs of theirs because our singer couldn't keep hitting all those high notes!! Some and we were ok. Too many and it was over!! LOL!! Brought back memories!!

Really liked the orchestration you did in there. That was unexpected, but welcomed. Gonna give this another listen!! 

• Like 1