Apparently the old forum is back up ...

Shane_B.

5 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who were you over there?

I was Bub on the old Sonar forum. Shane is my real name. Bub was a login I created one time because I couldn't remember my original login and my email address changed and couldn't reset it. Back then I never used a Hotmail or Google account. I used the free email from my ISP and when I switched, I lost it. I got cut off from a lot of people because I couldn't even get back in to my email account at all when I switched.

Anyway, I always regretted the Bub name, but it is what it is. It's my name over on the Presonus forum too but there I can't change it. It's linked to your full account and once your forum name is set there, it's set for life. Or so I was told one time when I asked to change it to my real first name. 

Bub.jpg

Edited by Shane_B.

8 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Your smiley suggests you think this is a good thing 🥺

Well, tbh it can be something of a burden at times, but someone has to do it and I don't know anyone who is better qualified.

Still, it could be worse, right ? ;)

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I was Bub on the old Sonar forum. Shane is my real name.

Thanks, Shane. I was referring to paulo. Lots of people here seem to know him (?) from the old forum, but for the life of me, I can't remember a paulo, or paul or paul o over there.
I hung out in the MC or Home Studio forums the most, but also the CH 1.
Plus, my memory is almost 65 years old.

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

... I was referring to paulo. Lots of people here seem to know him (?) from the old forum, but for the life of me, I can't remember a paulo, or paul or paul o over there.

If you Google the old forum for "giving Bapu a hard time", Paulo's name crops up in 114% of the search results 😄

The same, of course, is true of this new place 😊

Edited by SteveStrummerUK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

I was referring to paulo. Lots of people here seem to know him (?) from the old forum, but for the life of me, I can't remember a paulo, or paul or paul o over there.

I don't remember you either Gary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

If you Google the old forum for "giving Bapu a hard time", Paulo's name crops up in 114% of the search results 😄

The same, of course, is true of this new place 😊

I only do it 'cos he loves it. ;)

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/23/2022 at 3:48 AM, paulo said:

I do have her email address (assuming she still uses that one) and had thought about checking in with her a few times, but ultimately figured that for whatever reason she had decided to no longer participate in CW land, so I should respect that. Glad to hear that she's ok.

It's good to know that when I die you won't come chasing after me either.