Apparently the old forum is back up ...

Shane_B.

... or it never went away for Moderator's. I was just in the Deals forum here talking about Session Drummer 3 and did a quick search to see if there was ever a version 4 released. The old forum came up in the search and I checked it out for old times sake and it said this was the last post ... a few weeks ago. It was a reply to Panup from 2016.

asdf.thumb.jpg.cd5071d766dda1b596ddcae6e8a30d41.jpg

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Do I have my dates wrong? It came up as a "New" post and it says 11/21/21. That's not even 3 months ago. I thought the forum closed and was locked in 2019, so how is it possible someone posted in 2021?

Maybe hosts can still post there. IIRC @Robert Bone was host there.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Maybe hosts can still post there. IIRC @Robert Bone was host there.

Yes you are right he was/is . . . it's in the screenshot.

I haven't seen/thought about him in years. I don't even know if he's on this forum. It's an extreme rarity that I ever venture any higher than the Deals or Computer sub forums here and I haven't seen his name in years that I can remember.

Honestly it kind of made my stomach churn to see a new post there. I don't know why I had that reaction. Oh well.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I haven't seen/thought about him in years. I don't even know if he's on this forum. It's an extreme rarity that I ever venture any higher than the Deals or Computer sub forums here and I haven't seen his name in years that I can remember.

Robert Bone shows his last visit to this forum as last Saturday. Just hover over the link to his name above and you will see a member status popup.

29 minutes ago, craigb said:

AFAIK, the old forum has never been down (I go back every so often to find some info), but you shouldn't be able to post to it.

Well apparently some can. Not that I give a rats *****, but it did kind of startle me to see a new post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

And, as I just discovered, the old forum is evidently doing better than some of the current threads here! 🙄

Politics-Censorship.jpg

I just discovered what you are referring to.

We were right on the edge and then someone lost control and said the J word and blew it.

I knew it was over at that point.

There are rules here and I get it. There are forums you can go to where you can talk about anything you want. And there's plenty to talk about without going out of our way to make things worse.

That said, even the things that are OT per the rules have not been deletion worthy that I've seen. Deleting the mashup threads is ridiculous. I know why the other one with the deep discussion got deleted. Someone had to make it about religion and in my mind that's not what it was about or I would have avoided the thread completely because nothing good ever comes out of those threads even on forums where they are allowed.

The way I see it is if you're going to try and keep the same people and vibe from the old forum and even call it The Coffee House again and then even give people their old post counts from the old forum and carry threads over from the old forum ... you have to expect ... well ... the same people and vibe, no? Or maybe I'm missing something. *scratching my balding head*. I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the threads here with the exception of the one I mentioned but even that was no big deal IMO.

I'd be happy to contribute financially if Ed ever wanted to start up a forum again. I'm getting in on the ground level for the new Radio Shack Defi currency if that would be ok. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

The way I see it is if you're going to try and keep the same people and vibe from the old forum and even call it The Coffee House again and then even give people their old post counts from the old forum and carry threads over from the old forum ... you have to expect ... well ... the same people and vibe, no? Or maybe I'm missing something.

TBF the moderation on the old forum was also unnecessarily overbearing and pathetically inconsistent, so it could be argued that they've kept that the same too.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, paulo said:

TBF the moderation on the old forum was also unnecessarily overbearing and pathetically inconsistent, so it could be argued that they've kept that the same too.

I don't remember much bad about the old forum and the few things I do are really no big deal to me anymore. The people that were overbearing there seem to be gone or are still here but silent now.

I do remember everyone (in the CH) seemed to be a lot happier and more active there back then than they are here now even prior to the lockdowns. I don't like to go back and read things there except in the Song forum. Reading old CH stuff reminds me how it used to be and it upsets me that it's not that way anymore.

I wonder whatever happened to Janet? She was really nice and very active in the Song forum. She had a creepy stalker dude there IIRC. I think he was banned eventually.

21 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I wonder whatever happened to Janet? She was really nice and very active in the Song forum. She had a creepy stalker dude there IIRC. I think he was banned eventually.

I wonder how many women use non-gender specific user names on forums so they don't have to deal with that s h i t? 🙄

• Sad 1