Missing ProChannel menu option for individual PC Modules

Mánibranðr Studios

Question

Maybe I am missing something, but I have been missing the option to manually add ProChannel modules to the Pro-Channel lanes for a while and I am assuming that it's a config issue. I had been trying to fix this for a while but with no luck, the only way I could load stuff outside of the default is load a preset that has the module I need and then just live with what else is missing. Anyone else having this issue?

Rnt4J9y.png

Edited by LadyFuzztail

2 answers to this question

Possibly a scanning issue. PC modules are based on VST2 and must be scanned in order to show up in the menu.

The path to the PC Modules is stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST\VSTInternalPath

By default, CbB installs PC modules in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal which is used as the key and data stored in the registry.

Aside from the registry, the only place this path is visible is in the scan options displayed in the Plug-in Manager.

This path is not shown in preferences but is one of the paths used by the scanner. Do NOT add the path to the scan paths in preferences.

Verify the PC module path is in the registry

pUwqlPh.png

Run a vst reset from preferences make sure "Scan in Sandbox" and "Generate Scan Log" are checked.

Review the log. It should be pretty easy to see if the PC modules are getting scanned and if the scan runs to completion.

• Thanks 1