Manage Plug in Layouts help please

Pathfinder

First, full disclosure, MY memory is SHOT-no disease, that I have been told of anyway, VA takes care of my Medical neeeds. Just, cannot remember so many SIMPLE CW things. 

I mention this because i have posted some very basic (sometimes ridiculous) CW questions even though I have used CW since the 90's. I did a new install, new PC, etc, etc. I cannot remember so many simple key things. I have been going thru ALL the tutorials I can find on here and youtube, hopefully some will sink in. Sorry for the rant. I am trying guys and gals!

Here is the present one: In the Manage layouts pict I attached you can see checkmark next to VST Instruments with a date. But I have 3 o these saved. I do not remember how to get all three to show up in the menu like the VST Instruments 01052002? Hope that explains it well enough.

I have checked and re-checked-I definitely have 3 self made menus saved the same place as the VST Instrum,ents lyout. Nothing is compressed, etc.

Thanks so much for your patience and help

Screenshot Manage Layouts.png

Edited by Pathfinder

They all were built at the same time 01/05/22. They show up as fx layouts in the plug in manager drop down menu. I have resaved them , et. I guess I can delete them and try again from scratch. I always date them as in the screenshot.

Thanks

Edited by Pathfinder

I deleted and then rebuilt them all. Still that screenshot remains the same. The vst Instruments_01052022 is NO longer dated the 5th. I rebuilt and renamed it to todays date? Still nothing changes. I will attempt to edit the register I guess. I truly do NOT understand. This is why I get so frustrated. This is crazy.

Probably not a registry issue as the only thing contained in the registry is the layout path which is set in Preferences > File > Folder Locations.

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

They show up as fx layouts in the plug in manager drop down menu.

Could it be the layout contains a mix of FX and synths plug-ins?

While the plug-in manager allows creating layouts containing both, the DAW does not support it.

14 minutes ago, scook said:

Probably not a registry issue as the only thing contained in the registry is the layout path which is set in Preferences > File > Folder Locations.

Could it be the layout contains a mix of FX and synths plug-ins?

While the plug-in manager allows creating layouts containing both, the DAW does not support it.

I'll check that now. Thanks Scook.............

Izotope Vocalsynth 2 was in the audio fx. I removed it, resaved, restarted CW, etc. Still only Instrumewnts show up. The only things in the AudioFX layout I created are Ozone 9, Neutron 3, and various reverbs. Funny, when I sort by manufacturer overloud does NOT even show up and it is Breverb 2 , not Sonar Breverb and I also have TH2 producer. They both work as far as being inserted into a track etc. Weird.

I may uninstall PLat, X1, X2 and X3. Honestly I have so many plugins I do not need any from older Sonar stuff. I also have Melodyne 5 editor full. Which I haven't even put in any layouts. I mean I can just use sort by type or the others and just not have a Audio Fx layout.

Just seems so damn weird.

I reinstalled everything as it was laid out in my post about re installing et, a few weeks ago. First plat, then X1, X2, X3 then Cwby BL.    Honest my memory may suck but ATM I am NOT crazy!

Edited by Pathfinder

OK I just have to post this screenshot. 

So in my screenshot ABOVE, post 1 you can see that ONLY VST Instruments shows up-now thats the synthrack menu-clearly. Manage Layouts menu

Now look at this screenshot: HERE the AUDIO FX menu, with date shows up in Manage Layouts ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Screenshot Audio FX.png

Edited by Pathfinder

I don't understand.

The initial image above shows the 3 "Sort by" layouts for synths and one custom synth layout. IOW, all the synth layouts.

The second image shows the 3 "Sort by" layouts for FX and one custom FX layout. IOW, all the FX layouts.

I don't see a problem.

35 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Funny, when I sort by manufacturer overloud does NOT even show up and it is Breverb 2 , not Sonar Breverb and I also have TH2 producer. They both work as far as being inserted into a track etc

"Sort by manufacturer" is a layout created by the DAW. Like the other "Sort by" options they show all FX or synth plug-ins scanned by the DAW. These have no effect on custom layouts.

If a plug-in loads in a project, the plug-in should appear in the three default "Sort by" layouts.

However, for a plug-in to appear in the custom layout it must be manually added to the layout using the Plug-in Manager.

35 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

I may uninstall PLat, X1, X2 and X3. Honestly I have so many plugins I do not need any from older Sonar stuff. I also have Melodyne 5 editor full. Which I haven't even put in any layouts. I mean I can just use sort by type or the others and just not have a Audio Fx layout.

If you do make sure to re-install CbB.

• Thanks 1

OK just another brainfart. Synthrack ='s SYNTHS duh.  I was expecting my Audiof layout to show there. It's not easy being me, but YOU did get me straight. AGAIN!

Like I said above-brain is short circuited. But to forget a simple thing like this is very disheartening. Very!

Edited by Pathfinder

The first image shows synth layouts.

The second image shows FX layouts.

Synths and FX are managed and displayed separately.

The synth layouts are displayed where a synth may be added.

The FX layouts are displayed where FXs may be added.

There is no single view for all layouts.

Audio tracks FX racks will show both Synth and FX layouts albeit in separate menu paths. This is because both may be placed in audio track FX racks.

The synth rack view only manages synths so it would not make sense to display the FX menu tree there.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, scook said:

The first image shows synth layouts.

The second image shows FX layouts.

Synths and FX are managed and displayed separately.

The synth layouts are displayed where a synth may be added.

The FX layouts are displayed where FXs may be added.

There is no single view for all layouts.

Audio tracks FX racks will show both Synth and FX layouts albeit a separate menu paths. This is because both may be placed in audio track FX racks.

The synth rack view only manages synths so it would not make sense to display the FX menu tree there.

I know that now Scook. I also KNEW that-well before anyway. I will endeavor to do better. Just imagine being SO SURE that all layouts were displayed (first screenshot synthrack) That was the ONLY issue but think about that for a second. Super frustrating to have known all this inside and out and now these little things get so mixed up.

Thank God my guitar playing is OK-

Thanks again Scook