Softube Celestion Speaker Shaper

cclarry

Save 50% on Celestion Speaker Shaper

Use this checkout code in the next 48 hours to get Speaker Shaper at an exclusive price of $49 (reg. $99):

Use code:  CELESTION50

Voucher valid January 19th—January 21st, 2022. Prices, shown here in USD, may vary in other currencies. Voucher code can't be used in combination with any other offers.

https://www.softube.com/celestion-speaker-shaper

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

Ooh I told myself I'd get this if it came down to 50% off. 

19 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

How does this rank compared to other IR related apps?

I trialled it recently and found it offered quite a lot of possibilities for the price, although it is heavy on CPU on my aging machine (i7 4790k).

Also it integrates into amp room as a cab option so you can get multiple sets of amps and cabs going in parallel rather than having to set up multiple channels and route audio around. 

Compared to buying individual cab IRs this gives you a huge range of speaker sizes and cabinet sizes to play with, among other parameters. Definitely worth demoing. 

• Like 1

In the process of demoing this, and I'm liking the Celestion Blues. And the fact I can downsize them to 10" & ALNiCo magnets. Pretty cool!

Back in the day I was a G12M man, but that's what was "stock" in a 100 watt stack. Had a dozen of them (G12M's, not full stacks😎)
These days its the Eminence Legend 10's. And I think the "Blues" are getting me there.
The 4x12 G12M sounds good, but with the Blues in 4x10 open back, there's a lot less low end to high pass...

Keep in mind, I'm capturing my FIFTY with a Palmer PDI 03 & PDI 09

11 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Room mics need to be turned off to save some CPU

I'm running 2 cabs so I can A/B different setups, (I swing the "mix" bar back on forth) but I'm pretty well "married" to SSSR Room 3,
so I haven't really played with the room mics, I did turn the room mics on; my office Cat didn't seem to care. (i7, 16 gigs ram, 11 years old)

At $49, I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on this one. I have WOS, but never really bonded.

Q1) So what's the POWER(Wb) do?
Q2) Is the speaker distortion thing kind of like the OX Box "cone cry"?
I bought an OX, sent it back, didn't "tickle" me at all...

t

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Q1) So what's the POWER(Wb) do?
Q2) Is the speaker distortion thing kind of like the OX Box "cone cry"?
I bought an OX, sent it back, didn't "tickle" me at all...

#1:  This is the power of the magnet of the speaker.  -12 Wb to +12 Wb range.  I think of it like a "tone" parameter that can add a solidness to things.  You can also change the magnet element between Ferrite M, Ferrite H, AlNiCo and Neodymium.  

#2: Yeah, I guess.  I look at it for two things... "backing off" when things are sounding unintentionally broken especially with an old speaker chosen that has sweet tone but breaks apart when the guitar playing gets too rambunctious, and for making things sound intentionally broken, like what'd I'd expect from The Kinks or something.  Distortion like this is so subjective, you'll need to just eff with it and see if it's for you.  I like it.  

A nice non-guitar based application- I use this pushed on 808 bass mults from time to time with a HPF when I'm having difficultly getting them to translate on smaller speakers.  

I demo'd this in session at a big Sound Motel, and everyone in the room was stoked with the sounds we were getting, so I bought it (on sale but more than this) instantly.  For people working from a home studio, or a place without the ability to record guitar speakers properly - this should be even more useful.  Watch the youtubes, demo it yourself, and you should know if it's worth it to you.  It's more for tone chasers, imo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1