Softube Vol 3

cclarry

I own Volume 2 but for some reason their website only show an upgrade price from Summit Audio Grand Channel ($449).   Don't think I'm getting a customized deal there.

Good news is you no longer need Gobbler, they have their own installer.  Bad news their own installer is alpha on Windows.  It seemed to work for me and updated all my Volume 2 plugins (that were installed with Gobbler, which I've now uninstalled and will never bother with again).  Doesn't seem to allow you any control over where things are installed though or what things.  The help says it gets the locations from the system registry (which is always a crap shoot).  You can also download individual installers (from the website or the new Softube Central app) and run those.  Which might be better if you don't want the ProTools plugins/etc.

Volume 3 adds four new plugins: Parallels, Harmonics, OTO Biscuit, and Transient Shaper.   Will have to see what the actual upgrade price from Volume 2 is, but I may just pass.  One nice thing the TSAR-1R reverb includes the ProChannel version if you are still using CbB/SONAR.

• Like 2