Abandoned not Lost

Michael Fogarty

12 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I do love a a bit of cool Electric Piano, that kick sure punches through.  The whole vibe of this is very very very cool @Michael Fogarty.

One little observation I noticed on my Events there is s little bit of bass hang/bloom on some of the sparse passages, probably inaudible on many systems..

hello Wookiee. Bass hang/bloom. I need an explanation for that if you don’t mind. I do mix with multiple sets of speakers and a sub. Is it possible the “hang/bloom” is intentional or is it annoying? Is it an occasional hit, or an overall feeling of too many bass frequencies? I have definitely been guilty of that. There are different layers of booms and basses, (some arpeggiated, some subsonic)  aimed at people with big systems. But I miss things. The kick is from an MODX7 (chill kit). It is actually a preset loop.

Edited by Michael Fogarty

4 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

One of those videos where the music perfectly matches what you're seeing. Great work!

Had to look up "sakura."  Cherry blossoms, which show up at the end.

-Bjorn

actually, maybe you noticed, but its different angles of the same trees, different seasons. Thanks for the listen.

What's not to like about this??? Sweet piano chords, nice unique pattern in the arrangement. You live in a beautiful area! Bonus!

Maybe when the drum kit comes on, it might have a bit more reverb on, to match up with the chill piano? Just a thought, might be worth the experiment.

It's the composition that sells it, very nice composing!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

What's not to like about this??? Sweet piano chords, nice unique pattern in the arrangement. You live in a beautiful area! Bonus!

Maybe when the drum kit comes on, it might have a bit more reverb on, to match up with the chill piano? Just a thought, might be worth the experiment.

It's the composition that sells it, very nice composing!

cheers,

-Tom

yes, I can see that. Thanks. It is a loop so no option for reverb as it will go on the kick and everything. Actually, the whole song got started because I like the loop. If I am to release it with real drums I will do what you said.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:40 AM, garybrun said:

We all paint very different pictures..
I hear what Wookie hears regarding bass,
I'm listening on Focal Trios with no sub...  when I add the sub I can really hear it.,, maybe a little too much?

ok, you think so? Is that the overall bass or just the sub sonic hits? Much appreciated. I have a tendency to overdo on warm tones.

6 hours ago, Michael Fogarty said:

yes, I can see that. Thanks. It is a loop so no option for reverb as it will go on the kick and everything. Actually, the whole song got started because I like the loop. If I am to release it with real drums I will do what you said.

That's something I have experienced as well. A drum loop kicks it all off. I have the Phil Gould drum loops that often get an impeccable groove going.

As for the reverb idea, a lot of reverbs have a post verb eq where you can dial out any reverb returns below a certain frequency, so you can only hear verb effects above say 500hz, leaving the kick essentially unverbed I'm betting you prolly knew that, but it took me a while to grok how useful that feature was.

Great tune.