Plugin Boutique - Beat Mag Feb 2022 - 2 free AAS Packs

Scott H

Yes, I am aware that there has been a previous thread (along with a moderator reprimand) on this topic. That said, now that the English version of Beat Magazine is available at Pugin Boutique, I could not help but (re)share this great deal with my fellow plugin addicts. I bought the February English version of Beat at PB. Everything worked beautifully and I was able to download my free AAS packs. It is a super value and not a bad issue of the magazine either. 

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/94-eBook/8560-Beat-Magazine-193-February-2022?a_aid=4af297e055206

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The AAS codes seem to be individualized (instead of a generic code for all readers), per the discussion in the other thread. Re-sending a registration request with the same email as before will result in a reminder of previous registration codes (which makes sense) but it may be possible to purchase multiple copies of the magazine and get multiple codes if using different email addresses for the registration.

However, AAS may be able to determine where the codes came from and decide to limit for a given promotion how many codes will be accepted in the same account (which is something to also take into account if purchasing codes from a "Buy & Sell" forum, as they may be from a promotion you've already participated in)

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

The AAS codes seem to be individualized (instead of a generic code for all readers), per the discussion in the other thread. Re-sending a registration request with the same email as before will result in a reminder of previous registration codes (which makes sense) but it may be possible to purchase multiple copies of the magazine and get multiple codes if using different email addresses for the registration.

However, AAS may be able to determine where the codes came from and decide to limit for a given promotion how many codes will be accepted in the same account (which is something to also take into account if purchasing codes from a "Buy & Sell" forum, as they may be from a promotion you've already participated in)

This is exactly why Beat flagged gmail accounts as being suspicious. People were creating multiple gmail accounts just to grab codes like these and reselling them. I also think buying multiple copies of the magazine just to get AAS codes is gaming the system. I am pretty sure AAS would frown on this.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Then again, I’m pretty sure no one would consider this the same as software piracy. 

I think they did kind off :)

but agree it’s not same as sharing warez links which is what I personally associate with pirates sw

4 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I also think buying multiple copies of the magazine just to get AAS codes is gaming the system

I think that the concern is not people buying multiple copies of the magazine, but rather that it's very easy to purchase only one copy and request hundreds of codes by using a variety of gmail addresses

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I think that the concern is not people buying multiple copies of the magazine, but rather that it's very easy to purchase only one copy and request hundreds of codes by using a variety of gmail addresses

Think of it from AAS's perspective though. Do you really think they want to be selling AAS packs at $3 a pack? I doubt that they get much of a percentage of the magazine sale, if any. 

Apart from selling them at a profit, which is totally understandable and logical, I think AAS position their Sound Packs to continuously rekindle interest for their instruments. And they do so admirably by making them compatible with their Swatches app. Giving them away for Xmas or in a magazine introduces even more people to their wonderful models, first by running the Packs in (free) Swatches, then by showing the way towards the mosaic world of full AAS instrumentation.