TH-U Rockguy

cclarry

The RockGuy is the most complete and realistic software emulation of two legendary guitar processors: the Rockman Sustainor* and its Chorus/Delay unit. They delivered the distinctive guitar tones of many 80s and 90s bands, like Def Leppard, Boston and Kiss as well as artists like Joe Satriani.
The pack includes the following models:

the RockGuy Sustain preamp unit

the RockGuy Chorus/Delay unit

7 pedal and rack effects

26 patches recreating the guitar tone of the most iconic artists using this processor

29 Euros

https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rockguy

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 2

This is interesting:

TH-U RockGuy is both a TH-U expansion pack and a Standalone plugin, meaning that it can expand the model list of an existing TH-U installation, or it can also be purchased as self-contained pack which includes all the TH-U editing features, including the Rig Player, the Amp Tweaks, the Tuner and the Looper, with no need to have a pre-existing TH-U license.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Soundwise said:

It won't take long till they start modelling other modelling boxes, like Pandora, first Pod, etc. :D

You joke, but I'd actually like to be able to model my POD Pro (there's one amp/speaker combination I just can't seem to get with anything else).

• Like 1

Now that does sound good on the audio demos, it has to be said.

I'm waiting for the Steve Hackett pack - now if anyone can sell me an amp sim that models his solo sound - I'm definitely in! 🙂

I fear I could be waiting a very long time...

Andy

On 1/18/2022 at 6:20 AM, Soundwise said:

It won't take long till they start modelling other modelling boxes, like Pandora, first Pod, etc. :D

I seem to recall that Line 6 at one point included a model of their old models because their users liked the old one better than the new and improved one.  Also Guitar Rig has had a SansAmp model for ages.

15 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I seem to recall that Line 6 at one point included a model of their old models because their users liked the old one better than the new and improved one.  Also Guitar Rig has had a SansAmp model for ages.

Makes sense. NI GR5 includes GR4 mode. Also, original Amplitube and Overloud models are still there. Digitech multi-fx (RIP) used to include a digital model of their 2101 tube-based rack preamp-processor. So, it's mostly up to original manufacturers/developers to offer such models in their next-gen modeller. But I can see why it's a good practice to avoid using older models in new hardware multi-fx units.