Import name of the MIDI file

Michal Ochedowski

I've been wondering, if MIDI file name import could be implemented in Cakewalk. 

Whenever I record a new MIDI clip, I rename it for better workflow. If it's worth keeping, I drag it to Cakewalk's file browser. The problem is that when I drag it back to any project, the assigned name doesn't appear in the clip's bar. Instead I get a generic track name (i.e. Track 4) in place where my custom clip name used to be. I also tried exporting MIDI through File-Export-Standard MIDI file command, but the behavior for dragged MIDI file stays the same. 

What's even more puzzling, some of the MIDI files in Cakewalk's browser do keep their names, when I drag them back to any project. 

By the way all MIDI files created by me appear in the Cakewalk's browser as Standard MIDI Sequence type. 

Ok, now I know that renaming MIDI clips for future use has no point. Clip name won't be available after MIDI file import, unless I rename the track itself. I guess these other MIDI files that do retain their original clip names, were not created in Cakewalk. Thanks for clarifying that subject.

Edited by Michal Ochedowski