SICK AND TIRED

Paul Bush

hi chaps , well after a few hours of messin around in the studio I managed to get it this far, I  made quite a few changes and thanks to all the helpful comments you all pushed and inspired me to once again to better myself and dig deeper for this recording so thanks and as always your comments are more than welcomed cheers p

• Like 1

Nice song Paul - there's some great playing in there too.

A very minor thing that I noticed (possibly just me) was that the compression ratio felt a tiny bit too heavy, as the drums felt a little squeezed to me. Overall a good mix though - well done!

• Like 1

Hi Paul . . . much better mix I think, way more punch in the bottom to my ears, sounds more like a live band. The vocal mix is better too, and I do love those vocals and harmonies ! I agree with antler that the drums sound squeezed a bit much (didn't they do that in the eighties ?) . . . if you could open them up a bit and keep that volume, it would help the overall mix concept. The lead guitar parts work very well, like you really leaned into it.

• Like 1

Hi chaps thanks for  all the constuctive comments , Ive re visited the master and realised that  the compressor (thanks Antler) was way over the top and clouded the whole mix , I´ve been watching way too many tutorials and over complicated the whole mixdown stage  and not trusting my own ears , so i´m re-doing some vocals with a tick  less reverb and I´ll  post again at some stage , oh and the cymbals have been calmed down in places ..once again thanks for all the constructive advice..P