A little bit of Odd Fun

Wookiee

On 1/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, David Sprouse said:

I wonder how hard this would be to perform.? I'm picturing everyone on stage counting under their breath.  It definitely conjurs the image of a pulsating object.  I feel this has  alot of potential and could be longer.

Tricky I suspect especially for the drummer or percussionist, the same pattern is repeated throughout, either on the Hi Hat or Ride cymbal, it is played around all 7 of the Tom Tom's of the SDX Feilds of Rock Stone room, twice if the furry brain remembers correctly. 

Thanks for having a listen and commenting. 

On 1/20/2022 at 1:33 PM, SupaReels said:

Kinda liked this one Wooks ...If I play it 3 times I've almost finished vacuuming the house ...gets me through with a smile, so that's good ... and lucky I studied Morse in college   ( pulsar )

Steve

Good for the Morse study, the percussion plays a kind of morse pattern through out, either closed HH for DOT or open HH of DASH, or on the ride, Tip for DOT and Bell for DASH.  Apart for the moment when the drummer has a moment and runs round the 7 toms in the kit.

Thanks for the listen and kind words, glad to of been assistance to get you though the vacuum cleaning.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

A creative work - there were some interesting melodies on the synths you used.

Are you happy with SD3? I've never had the opportunity to try it.

Thank you Douglas, strange things happen to melodies at 25/8.

Yes I do like SD3 it is the most expressive of the real sound libraries in my audio arsenal.

I do have a number of the expansion SDX's and have not really examined all the kits.

This uses the new Fields of Rock, Stone Room kit. As a rule I do not bother with split the tracks out to feed CbB, just a stereo pair mains from SD3 into CbB with Boz Digitals David Bendeth +10dB compressor in parallel mode effectively the channel in CbB is the Drum Buss. I really like the Orchestral SDX has some very useful additional instruments it is probably the one I use the most. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 11:18 PM, Amicus717 said:

Very nice, Wook. Has a slight hypnotic vibe, but also kept me just a bit off balance with the timing and rhythm. And I mean that in a very good way; it is a nice mix of elements, and keeps the listening focused on the music.

An enjoyable listen. 

Thank you sir nice to know you enjoyed the almost hypnotic vibe, you are most kind.

17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I was expecting Jimmy Buffet to come in at the beginning.
So I'm sitting here and actually trying to count out the eighth notes.  Guess I'll just take your word for it, Wookie.
I like the wandering panning effect.
-Bjorn

Try counting the first bar!  You need to appreciate that not all beats are played.  Dots = 1 beat, Dashes = 2 beats. 

You are most kind sir.