Nugen $100 Survey Voucher

cclarry

Now that I succumbed to iLok, I got on board with this deal - only to find out Nugent offers a non-iLok option to register their plugins! Just thought I'd share that in case someone else didn't know. Don't let iLok stop you from getting Nugent plugins!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Now that I succumbed to iLok, I got on board with this deal - only to find out Nugent offers a non-iLok option to register their plugins! Just thought I'd share that in case someone else didn't know. Don't let iLok stop you from getting Nugent plugins!

What ya get? :)

43 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

As in for all products or just Nugen?

I was told just nugen when i asked. Also i was told the value is 84 US dollars due to their discounts on nugen products. 

Edited by treesha
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Good thinking. How much was “la dolorosa”? Did you go through Koby? 

It would be $24.36 to get  a full version with the $100 coupon.  I had Monofilter Elements from some previous freebie - PluginCollective I think - and I upgraded that through Nugen (Koby couldn't do an upgrade) and added StereoPlacer Elements for $18. 

• Great Idea 1

I tried Aligner last night on some drums and found that when analyzing three instances, I got inconsistent results. When it DID analyze properly, it worked really good. I like the no-nonsense and informative UI.  I'll try it again later and see if I have the same issue or if it was something on my end (likely! :)

Anyone else tried it yet?

12 minutes ago, mibby said:

I tried Aligner last night on some drums and found that when analyzing three instances, I got inconsistent results.

So it's very similar to MAutoalign in that respect. 😄

I love MAutoalign, it's part of my drum recording templates for my overheads. Unfortunately, my overheads are spaced far apart in a Glyn Johns/Recorderman configuration, so it has a hard time. After all, according to my understanding, since the different elements of my kit are at different distances from these mics, MAutoalign can't completely figure out what "in phase" is. Is it for the snare, the kick, the ride cymbal? I need to experiment some with the pre-filtering so I can narrow it down to snare, which is where I center my mic distances.

As it is, I just do multiple samplings and pick the one that sounds best, although I suspect that what I'm getting is a slight Haas effect😄. If it sounds good, it is good. It works as advertised on close mic'd acoustic guitar, though.

The Nugen Aligner manual suggests doing the analysis from a single drum hit, which gives me the idea that at the beginning of a drum session, I should play some paradiddles on the snare for about 10 seconds to give MAutoalign or Aligner something easier to digest.

And it occurs to me that it's sad that I should be picking up MAutoalign tips from another company's documentation.

4 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I just do multiple samplings and pick the one that sounds best

This. My issue with MAutoAlign is you can select the "source" instance to align everything else to.  your quote is what I do.

Last night I tried it on a Kick In and Kick Out mics, and Kick-sub sample that is in a mix I'm starting. When I got it to work, the Nugen plugin sounded great and definitely better than without. Same with MAutoAlign. And Nugen and MAutoAlign were very comparable and both flipped the phase on the sub-kick sample. I was leaning towards going with the Nugen plugin to give it spin, but then I tried to do another analyze just to see if it would be different and "something" went sideways and the analysis got all wonky. Probably something I did or didn't do, but in the interest of time and my waning patience, I went with my trusty MAutoAlign.

Are you doing JUST your overheads or the whole kit with MAA? 

29 minutes ago, mibby said:

Are you doing JUST your overheads or the whole kit with MAA?

Just overheads. As is typical with Meldaproducts, I found the documentation to be unhelpful in respect to suggested use scenarios.

I picked up what I could from the Meldaproduction forum and came to the conclusion that my drum kit would be happier if I just used MAutoalign on the overheads.

You know how much respect I have for Vojtech and his products, but the lack of application notes in his documentation is so frustrating. The plug-ins are amazing, and have really deep feature sets, but about half the time I don't even know what the feature or even the entire plug-in is supposed to do. MDrumleveler is an example. I can't figure out if I'm supposed to use it on individual drum mics, the overheads, the whole drum bus, or what. So a potentially useful plug-in just sits. Same with some of the others I got in the Essentials bundle. And with a lot of the ones I do use, I feel like I'm living in a house with rooms I've never gone into. 😄 The ones I do use are worth every penny I've spent and a lot more, but there's a lot of signal processing going to waste.

Matter of fact, I took a look at what Nugen has to offer and concluded that there's nothing I want that isn't already covered by Meldathings like MSpectralPan. But again, it was reading the ad copy for the competitor's product that got me to understand the possible applications for MSpectralPan. That seems wrong, somehow.😏

P.S. I know that Chandler has done YouTube videos for a lot of Meldaproduction products, but I don't retain as well from videos as I do written material.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1