Uninstalling Melodyne run time

Pathfinder

1. Right Click Windows Menu (or Lower Left Corner of Primary Monitor)

2. Open Command Prompt (Admin)

3. Command:  cd C:\Windows\Installer

4. Run the installer in the error box when you try to uninstall it from Add-Remove Programs - It gives you the full path to it - write it down on paper if you have to.

5. in "PS C:\Windows\Installer>"  ((now type the Command:))     .\XXXXX.msi   ((XXXXX stands for the Installer Name wich windows randomly named and you found in the errortext))

The installer will start, and you will be able to uninstall the Melodyne Runtime

Edited by Rico Anders

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, Svartstoff said:

Hello! What do you exactly mean for "Run the installer in the error box"? I don't know but your method doesn't work to me...

Hi there,

1. Get a paper and pen
  2. Try uninstalling Melodyne.
  3. When the red box comes up, note the file name in the red box. It will be C:\Windows\installer\ee01151.msi or something similar.
  4. Press the Windows key.
  5. Type "Command" do not press enter or click anything
  6. Select "Run As Administrator" (see attached photo)
  7. Type: cd C:\Windows\Installer
  8. Press enter
  9. Type in the filename: ee01151.msi or whatever yours read from step 3.
  10. Press enter
  11. You should now be able to uninstall.

Admin.png

On 10/12/2019 at 8:01 PM, Some Guy said:
  1. Right Click Windows Menu (or Lower Left Corner of Primary Monitor)
  2. Open Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. Command:  cd C:\Windows\Installer
  4. Run the installer in the error box when you try to uninstall it from Add-Remove Programs - It gives you the full path to it - write it down on paper if you have to.
    1. The installer will start, and you will be able to uninstall the Melodyne Runtime

this worked for me but i had to remove the "cd" part of the command. So it basically ran the program and let me uninstall this program. Thanks 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, Some Guy said:
  1. Right Click Windows Menu (or Lower Left Corner of Primary Monitor)
  2. Open Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. Command:  cd C:\Windows\Installer
    1. The installer will start, and you will be able to uninstall the Melodyne Runtime

Thank you this worked 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, Nitish Sharma said:

Here is the solution friends. This is for windows 10. 

First point, you are not the real admin of the windows 10. There is a hidden admin.

Type command in the search box and as command prompt comes in the list, right click and Run as Administrator. 

Now type this command to enable hidden admin.

net user administrator /active:yes

There are spaces after net, user, administrator, and no space after /

Now when you type this command and press enter, you get message like Administrator activated successfully. 

Click on windows icon and click on your account picture to sign out. You will see a picture less administrator account. Login to that and uninstall Melodyne runtime in the uninstall app feature.

Now go back to your normal account and disable this hidden admin. 

net user administrator /active:no

A thanks will be appreciated. 😜

This worked, ty =)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Stop trying to send people other places, and all the "enable hidden admin" stuff. Heres how to remove it.

got start
type in "cmd" and you will see "Command Prompt" under best match.
Right click on "Command Prompt" and select Run As Admin
inside the command window type "cd C:\windows\installer\"
now type in the name of the installer you are looking to remove. Mine was 562043.msi or something like that. (this is the file that pops up and says "cant unintall. contact admin" when you try to uninstall normally.

Thats it! follow the prompts to uninstall the program.

So to recap. Run cmd as admin. Change to the installer director. Type the .msi file.

Mark as answer, upvote, you know what to do. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

There are actually lot's of ways but both methods discussed here so far works. Below are the steps I take to achieve the same.

1. Take note of the program location i.e. "C:\Windows\Installer\bb7400.msi" <- my own personal case. 
  2.  Windows Key -> R (keyboard combination)
  3. type cmd
  4. press Ctrl -> Shift -> Enter
  5. press Alt -> y
  6. then type msiexec /uninstall C:\Windows\Installer\bb7400.msi
  7. after uninstalling just type "exit" then press enter.

https://sybregunne.com/fix-this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/

• 1 year later...

Here is the solution friends. This is for windows 10. 

First point, you are not the real admin of the windows 10. There is a hidden admin.

Type command in the search box and as command prompt comes in the list, right click and Run as Administrator. 

Now when you type this command and press enter, you get message like Administrator activated successfully. 

Click on windows icon and click on your account picture to sign out. You will see a picture less administrator account. Login to that and uninstall Melodyne runtime in the uninstall app feature.

A thanks will be appreciated. 😜

Thank you. This did work. Once signing out, logged back in as adminsttrator. Then Add Remove worked for Melodyne Runtime. Then what's nice is I could remove some of the microsoft bloatware as well .Being careful to do so. Could be easy to get into trouble with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I get this same message. After several rounds of trying to get 64 bit Melodyne to work in Windows 11, I've discovered the secret to uninstalling Runtime 4.1 and avoiding the message from "HAL" is to uninstall it 1st.  HAL only reared his ugly nasty head when I tried to uninstall it after uninstalling Melodyne.

I'm still trying to get 64 bit Melodyne to work. The Scanner says it's a known bad vst and skips it. The 32 bit version scans fine.

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, Nitish Sharma said:

Nitish's solution worked for me.  None of the others did.

Thanks Nitish!

"Here is the solution friends. This is for windows 10. 

A thanks will be appreciated. 😜"