Uninstalling Melodyne run time

Pathfinder

EDIT: So I finally was able to install editor 4.2 update over the other and now all is well. Have not tried to unstall again. But I cannot activate it but I have reached out to Celomony

I cannot do this. I get a user acccount control error saying an administartor has stopped me from running the installer....although I am UNINSTALLING?

Win 10.....UAC is off and always has been. I am the admin. Wish I could post the error dialog box.  Here is the dialog box info. I have tried right clicking and get the repair or remove. I choose remove. Nope. I choose repair nope. all back to the same error. Guess I should try safe mode but I do not get this at all. I wanted to do a clean install of my Melodyne 4.2 editor.

These are the words in the red title bar of the box
User account control
This app has been blocked for your protection. 

Then in the bottom of the dialog box it says:

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

For more info contact the administrator (I am the fricken admin )

C\Windows\installer\bb7200b.msi
Publisher unknown
File origin: hard drive on this computer
Program location: update 1.02
Celemony Software GmbH
English (United States)
C\windows\installer\bb7200.msi

Thanks

Edited by Pathfinder

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 9:16 AM, Pathfinder said:

Here is the solution friends. This is for windows 10. 

First point, you are not the real admin of the windows 10. There is a hidden admin.

Type command in the search box and as command prompt comes in the list, right click and Run as Administrator. 

Now type this command to enable hidden admin.

net user administrator /active:yes

There are spaces after net, user, administrator, and no space after /

Now when you type this command and press enter, you get message like Administrator activated successfully. 

Click on windows icon and click on your account picture to sign out. You will see a picture less administrator account. Login to that and uninstall Melodyne runtime in the uninstall app feature.

Now go back to your normal account and disable this hidden admin. 

net user administrator /active:no

A thanks will be appreciated. 😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 13
  • Great Idea 2

I apoligize but I do not remember how I solved this. I am pretty sure it was Celemony support.  I also believe Nitish's post will work also. I believe this is about what support told me also. It is great advice and worth copy\paste and save.

I will try to retrace exactly what I did if it would help. I'll look thru my emails because I did receive great support from Celemony on this.

Edited by Pathfinder

1. Right Click Windows Menu (or Lower Left Corner of Primary Monitor)
  2. Open Command Prompt (Admin)
  3. Command:  cd C:\Windows\Installer
  4. Run the installer in the error box when you try to uninstall it from Add-Remove Programs - It gives you the full path to it - write it down on paper if you have to.
    1. The installer will start, and you will be able to uninstall the Melodyne Runtime
Edited by Some Guy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, Some Guy said:
  4. Run the installer in the error box when you try to uninstall it from Add-Remove Programs - It gives you the full path to it - write it down on paper if you have to.
    1. The installer will start, and you will be able to uninstall the Melodyne Runtime

Hi, sidoine72 said: 

Thanks a lot Some Guy your solution works fine… really simple to do it

Have a nice day

On 10/10/2019 at 5:35 PM, Nitish Sharma said:

Here is the solution friends. This is for windows 10. 

First point, you are not the real admin of the windows 10. There is a hidden admin.

Type command in the search box and as command prompt comes in the list, right click and Run as Administrator. 

Now type this command to enable hidden admin.

net user administrator /active:yes

There are spaces after net, user, administrator, and no space after /

Now when you type this command and press enter, you get message like Administrator activated successfully. 

Click on windows icon and click on your account picture to sign out. You will see a picture less administrator account. Login to that and uninstall Melodyne runtime in the uninstall app feature.

Now go back to your normal account and disable this hidden admin. 

net user administrator /active:no

A thanks will be appreciated. 😜

Hi, 

I wish I could thanks you but your solution do not work at all... Some Guy has the solution, pretty simple.

Have a nice day

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, Some Guy said:

Thanks kind stranger!  Doing this in windows 10 finally did the trick!

• 1 month later...

I want to thank Nitish Sharma!

in had the same issue with Studio One / Melodyne after upgrading to Melodyne Studio.

His fix worked for me. 

After applying, i could do a fresh new install with the Melodyne Installer of both the Melodyne Studio 4.2 and the Melodyne 4.1 Runtime . 

I guess this rights issue is the consequence of - in my case - the presonus studio one installer that installed the melodyne runtime before. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, Some Guy said:

So I tried both and still it WILL NOT work. ANything else I could try?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I solved this by logging on with the local administrator account. If you go to Windows Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Local Users And Groups/Users, you will find an account with the following description:  "Built-in account for administering the computer/domain"

Right click the account, choose properties. Uncheck the checkbox "Account is disabled" and click apply. 

Now you can log in to windows using that account, you need to go through the initial set up procedure for the account first. When you're logged on you can uninstall via the Control Panel/Programs and Features.

For security, check the "Account is disabled" on the local administrator account again (while logged on as yourself).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On 10/12/2019 at 9:01 PM, Some Guy said:

Hello! What do you exactly mean for "Run the installer in the error box"? I don't know but your method doesn't work to me...

Edited by Svartstoff