Raihan Firoz

Question

Hello guys, could you please help me to solve this issue? The thing is I opened a project file I have been working on.  On that project, I deleted all my tracks and imported  two different tracks to experiment something. Unfortunately unknowingly I saved it and closed it over my main project with these 2 tracks  and thus I lost my whole main project I was working. Is there any way I can retrieve that project. Please help.  Thanks

FYI - Autosaved were turned off

No other copies have been created

There were all wav files with lots of plugins

3 answers to this question

If you're very lucky, a recovery program such as https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva  may be able to recover the older version.

Chances are though, the old project is gone if you've overwritten it.

For the future, you may want to consider enabling project versioning in preferences.  This makes backup copies of the existing project file before writing the new one:

image.png.045ef85196debf7ca2d6227a51ee3e67.png

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

For the future, you may want to consider enabling project versioning in preferences.  This makes backup copies of the existing project file before writing the new one:

I can definitely vouch for this function.  It has saved my derrière many times.

• Like 1

But hold on folks. I do believe all the original audio files will still be in the audio folder for the project? The OP did say it was mostly audio. Until you use “Save As”  a project keeps the audio. 
Open the Browser, under files, there’s a short cut dialogue box look for project audio folder. Open it and then drag the audio back to the project. It will be a lot of work if there’s a lot of clips and if you were using comping but everything should still be there