Ability to map keys/midi to individual track Echo on/off

Jezric

Cakewalk has good capabilities for routing MIDI to and from virtual instruments, audio and external devices.   I use it extensively to map MIDI between several hardware synths, Maschine (as a VST) and other various soft synths. 

I use the echo/monitoring toggle for each of these tracks a lot, having to go toggle on and off several tracks to setup for different performance configurations.

Currently there doesn't seem any way to do this through keyboard shortcuts, midi mapping or control surface (Mackie Control at least doesn't support this as far as I can see).

Proposal 1:  Add to screen sets, which tracks are echo=on/off, so you could use different screen sets as templates for which tracks are echo'd. Not super ideal and would be limited to the max number of screensets (10). 

Proposal 2: Add this through midi mapping, would support ~127 "tracks" to map, like set a MIDI device/channel to use for echo, then each MIDI note would toggle echo=on for the corresponding track 1-127, then another device/channel that would toggle it echo=off. Then you could use Bome midi translator to map anything to these.

Proposal 3: Add the Control Surface options, the ability to convert existing Mackie messages such as Mute/Solo (or something) to this per track. Not sure how this would really work, I use TouchDAW as a control surface and it can be customized to send any of the supported Mackie control messages, so maybe something like that.  

Other ideas?  Am I alone here? 

Another solution could be to add the concept of Arm/Mute/Echo templates, like track manager templates, so you could setup different scenes (variations of Armed tracks, Muted tracks and Echo'd tracks). Then add the ability to easily switch between these templates (like the arranger).