Just a new beat making video

Ewoof

That is a great video. I was expecting an onscreen tutorial, but it's a little slice of life, a guy composing at his (presumably) computer.

The composition of the video, the lighting, it looks great and creates a mood. Your facial expressions and body language really tell the story, the viewer doesn't need to see the hardware you're using. The nearly empty studying desk taking the center of the shot makes the viewer consider the possibilities: does he have it set up so that when he takes the laptop over to the "school" desk he's not distracted by having his controllers and gear? Did he recently graduate? It's more interesting than if you had your head in the center covering up the view of your working environment. The editing is good, too.

I like the subdued lighting, it tells the story of "it's daytime, but he likes to keep the drapes drawn for lower light while he's creating." It also goes well with the chilled beat you're making.

And I have to say, relatable: you go from a facial expression of "I have this chord change, how can I come up with a good beat?" through getting excited playing the drums on the pads, and then finally letting your groove loop while you have a snack and move to it. That is pretty much how it goes around here. If I can dance to it at the end, and still like listening to it while it loops, I know I have a keeper.

Really, I love this. Well done.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1