/

Hidden Symmetry

Wonderful!!!  I love the way that the bass just pushes this song along and the guitar playing is excellent.  The whole thing is put together as close to perfection as one can get.  To borrow from 1940's this song is "in the groove, Jackson".  This might sound a bit weird but the guitar work (particularly panned right - toward the end) has a slight afrobeat flavour to it (al la Newen Afrobeat).

Excellent work y'all!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freddy j said:

Wonderful!!!  I love the way that the bass just pushes this song along and the guitar playing is excellent.  The whole thing is put together as close to perfection as one can get.  To borrow from 1940's this song is "in the groove, Jackson".  This might sound a bit weird but the guitar work (particularly panned right - toward the end) has a slight afrobeat flavour to it (al la Newen Afrobeat).

Excellent work y'all!!

Thanks freddy,  & I'm not familiar with Newen Afrobeat, I'll have to check them out!

On 2/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

This is timeless and transcendental music!  What's not to like?

Hi Lynn, thanks for listening & apprecite the comments.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:53 PM, bjornpdx said:

Excellent!  You guys are good, esp your bass player. Love it.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn, glad you enjoyed it &  I'll relay your comment to the bass player!

16 hours ago, Michael Fogarty said:

good all around including mix. Did you receive all the instruments and mix and master them? Were the drums multi-track and you processed and mixed? Very nice.

Hi Michael & thanks for listening.  Yes, i get all the audio files then mix / master. The drums on this track were sent as stems, sometimes the drummer will give  me a mixed track.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 9:00 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Here's my first mix/ master of track 2 from my upcoming album. This started out from noodling on EZBass. I gave my  idea to my bass player who made it legit & it turned into this retro-funk type track. Enjoy-

Was hoping to give a listen but I got this instead :(  Not sure if you pulled it or it's just a glitch in the matrix.