Trying to recover my SPS-66 Driver

Loek van Kersbergen

Question

Hi to all,

I lost 'contact' with my SPS-66 firewire interface. I tried to reinstall it, but in order to do so I needed ti uninstall the old driver files first.

So, that's what I did. Now it is impossible to find the driver for SPS-66 WIN 10 64 bit.

Anyone an idea where I could find the driver? I looked at the software support page and the only downloads I found were win 7 and 8,

No win 10 64 bit present. I do own the Sonar Power Studio already for a long time, perhaps I need to upgrade to a new interface?

I lost my sound upon installing a new EQ set, but that didn't change thge connections to my PC at all.

Hope to hera from someone.

Best regards,

Loek 

3 answers to this question

Thanks Scook for fast responce.

I downloaded the file and tried to install the driver. It does start but it stops installing after I was asked to connect the firewire and switch on the SPS-66.

I waited for a while but nothing further happened. I did try a few times but the installer always freezes at the same point. Tried it with a brand new Firewire cable, with same result. I don't know how to get around this issue, may I will need to purchase a new audio interface.

Best regards,

Loek

Check your Firewire card is working. In Windows Device Manager check it is found, has drivers installed and currently has no problem (without drivers you will not find it, but there will be some "unknown device"). Or just try to reinstall related drivers.