70% off PSP FETpressor 1176 Compressor

cclarry

17 hours ago, marled said:

I doubt this with Native Access! E.g. it's about 10 times faster to install an instrument manually (where this is possible) and use NA only for authorization (locate), than using only NA (Without downloading time! The installation alone takes a lot more time! I wonder why?).

NA does also not allow to go back to an older release (what I would like for NI's FX)! Also if you install on several computers you cannot (without tricks) use a single download for one product (what a resource waiste!).

And also when you install a lot of products at the same time, then NA has trouble to update itself. E.g. sometimes there is the wrong product name in the installed message or sometimes a product status is never updated (unless you close NA and restart it), ... From my perspective as former software engineer this does not look very trustful!

The only advantage that I see with NA, is the overview about installations (once it is properly updated 😆).

Faster for 1 plugin maybe yes. But installing everything...well still maybe yes, but it is more manual work. And I guess the download speeds are not that great compared to a direct download or just copy and locate. But still, I had a full re-installation of Komplete Ultimate. I rather just let NA do its thing while I do other things (installing other plugins). I made an exception with some large Kontakt libraries. But I just let it run through the night and in the morning everything was done.

And yes I noticed some odd behaviour at times, the status one is familiar. But at the end it did install everything. The thing is, I'm not just talking about NI. That was an example. A clean system install with a lot of plugins is a lot of time consuming work. I'm not even half way through and I've been at it for a week now. So thank god I didn't had to install every Waves, PA or IK plugin manually.

I guess my position is: I dislike installation managers for seperate plugins. Its another piece of software I have to install and delete afterwards. When it comes to a full re-install, just give me installation managers and they can crawl their way through every plugin while I'm at the gym.