David Sprouse

Scarlatti

On 1/27/2022 at 6:50 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

Very nice arrangement, and great job getting a realistic performance out of a virtual orchestra.  What library are you using?

Jeff

Hi jeff, thanks for listening.  It's VSL.  Still tweaking it now and then.  So tempting.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:26 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi David,

What a lovely piece of music + beautiful arrangement.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thanks Paul.   The original is very different (and excellent) if you get a chance to hear it.  It's L. 493/K 301.  

On 2/23/2022 at 5:35 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

I enjoyed listening to this tonight after a hectic day. Great job on piece.

Thx HS  

David,

Nice arrangement, sounds good.   It takes a lot of work getting these parts together.   

Regards

I liked it David.  I think it could be made more dynamic.  Don't ask me how, though, because I am not really sure - I think the parts that are there are good, but somehow they could make more impact.  Image widening?  Panning? Tonal Balance?  All possibilities.  I think the feel I am going for is to see the orchestra in my head on stage while it is playing.  Right now, I see me sitting with a glass o' wine and the turntable spinning.  Does that make any sense?

Steve

Well, it's not an orchestra steve, it's just a wind quintet but I agree my recording chops aren't first rate.   I think what might be holding back the uncanny valley effect  from happening is my choice of reverb.  It sounds  artificial.  I have much more respect for wind players. It's very difficult to get the right dynamics.  Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to it.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:33 AM, markno999 said:

David,

Nice arrangement, sounds good.   It takes a lot of work getting these parts together.   

Regards

Thank you markno.  I appreciate your ears.