Native Instruments Kontakt 6 50% Off

cclarry

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Kontakt is the only thing from NI that interests me. I have no use for Komplete, as that's just a way to fill up another hard drive with stuff that I will never use.

I'd say that's with almost everything I buy.   Unfortunately Kontakt is always used as a rompler.

2 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Unfortunately Kontakt is always used as a rompler.

Kontakt is a very fine modern virtual ROMpler. I would say that it is the industry standard, where it offers an open field to all sound designers.

I used to use hardware ROMplers from Korg and Roland, but expansions were limited, and the UI was clumsy and inefficient.

10 hours ago, paulo said:

I don't know why anyone would buy Kontakt as a standalone product. Waiting not very long for the inevitable 50% off Komplete sale seems like far better VFM.

Generally, it's only Komplete upgrades that are 50% discounted; for a new comer, this would be a good deal.

12 hours ago, antler said:

Generally, it's only Komplete upgrades that are 50% discounted; for a new comer, this would be a good deal.

I can't find the receipt right now to get the exact amount, but I bought the boxed HD version of  K11 (when it was the current version, but K12 was imminent) for somewhere under $300 from a retailer. Technically speaking it was an upgrade from the included K11 Select.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, antler said:

Last year I got the Kontakt 6 crossgrade price, plus a 50% discount. Total was $124, compared with full retail price for Kontakt as $399. Lucky me! :)

• Like 3

On 1/18/2022 at 3:59 PM, abacab said:

Last year I got the Kontakt 6 crossgrade price, plus a 50% discount. Total was $124, compared with full retail price for Kontakt as $399. Lucky me! :)

That's exactly how I got sucked in, finally! 👍

Edited by chris.r
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1