[SOLVED] Noise introduced recording two tracks simultaneously

petemus

I have a problem recording two mono tracks simultaneously (a bass DI and mic'd track). Some strange noise is introduced in the tracks, as can be heard on attached audio snippet Two mono tracks recorded simultaneously.wav.

However, if I record a stereo track, using the exact same pair of inputs (Analog 1 & 2) on my RME, the left and right channels are noise free as expected, as can be heard on audio snippet Stereo track.wav.

How can this be? Is it a bug? Recording either the DI or the mic channel works fine. Buffer size seems to make no difference here, will probably check again, but the stereo track is recorded properly, so that's probably not the issue.

My interface is RME UCX with the latest drivers (ASIO, naturally), OS is Windows 10 21H2, and it's up to date. It really feels like this issue is in Cakewalk. Cake is the latest, 2021.12 (Build 102).

Any tips or pointers appreciated! Of course as a workaround, I can record a stereo track and bounce it to two mono tracks, but it's now how it's meant to be.

-Pete

Stereo track.mp3 Two mono tracks recorded simultaneously.mp3

Edited by petemus