Rice Crispies

I'll continue to study these Emails within 24 hr, but for now: any suggestions out there for 64 bit plug-ins (included with Sonar x3 or CBL)that you like for reverb and compression. I'm not even sure the latter is called compression, since I have heard it referred to in other ways. Basically, making the whole sound louder with less distorting peaks. Sorry for the  lack of nomenclature. I  am good with medical terminology.

Thanks

re using Melodyne in my project, Bob Bone: it is true I used Melodyne for pitch correction in my project.  However, after I do each edit, I close Melodyne. I then go that the musical part the I had just edited, highlight it, and then R click on something like, "Bounce to Clips." I would think that this last step gets rid of Melodyne in my project. Perhaps I'm wrong. I think if I would go into my pull down menu and look for Melodyne, it would indicate starting a new process, rather than editing my currently enabled Melodyne session.

LNovik

SOLUTION:

Following the suggestion of one of the contributors, I did go to my Task Manager, just to see what is running.

Apps: 3 (just cakewalk application, MS word-which I am using now to take notes, and, of course, Task Manager

Windows processes: 89

Background processes: 52

I started to “print screen” and copy this all, but it was pretty difficult to read.

After reading what Bob Wood said, I did not try to get rid of all of this---fortunately, since I wouldn’t have known where to start. I did see there were several things on my Taskbar, such as “Microsoft store.” I took that opportunity to unpin it from my taskbar, though I’m not sure if that removes it from my background processes.

HOWEVER, I DO HAVE GOOD NEWS.

After Bob Wood and others before him had mentioned that perhaps my problem was 32 bit effects. I didn’t think that was the problem, since it was happening with EACH of my effects. But then Bob added that both of the 2 effects I was using were 32 bit effects. Cakewalk even indicates, on the pull down menu, that they are 32 bit effects, though I hadn't realized the implications of that. When I disabled them and brought in 2 other similar effects, such as Breverb and Sonitus Compressor, the whole popping problem immediately resolved. Perhaps on future updates, when one is using a 64 bit OS and chooses one of these 32 bit effects, there can be an error message, such as: “Are you out of your f cking mind?” or “click on this choice if you want to throw away 50 hours of your life!”

So, thank you for all your suggestions. I still would appreciate what others suggest as their reverb of choice, since I’m not sure I loved at least the first preset I chose on Breverb. Same for compressor/limitors, though I would think these might be more be more similar. I guess even if the reverb is 3rd party, it would be good to get some feedback.

Thank you all again.

LNovik

FYI - Icons pinned to the Task Bar are not actually running, unless you have launched one of the apps, so no problem leaving those pinned to it.

Am I the Bob Wood you have been referring to?  Just curious :)

I am still looking things over, by the way, and will be forwarding your dump file on shortly.

Bob Bone

2 hours ago, Larry Novik said:

Yes, of course, I meant Bob Bone, not Bob Wood. Wood and bone are similar in that a common function of each is to provide a framework for something greater. Though bone also make blood cells. I won't get that wrong again. 

LNovik

Now THAT was funny. :)

Bob Bone