Eighth Symphony 2nd movement

Jerry Gerber

I thought the orchestration was really well done. After the first time the brass comes in, I like how it comes in and then drops out instead of continuing. I also really liked the way about halfway through the when the brass drops out and the whole orchestration Steven's way out and the dynamic gets so much quieter. That was really effective and really grabbed my ear. Completely unexpected.

Edited by bdickens

57 minutes ago, bdickens said:

I thought the orchestration was really well done. After the first time the brass comes in, I like how it comes in and then drops out instead of continuing. I also really liked the way about halfway through the when the brass drops out and the whole orchestration Steven's way out and the dynamic gets so much quieter. That was really effective and really grabbed my ear. Completely unexpected.

Thank you for listening bdickens, much appreciated!

Nice work on this as always. I can appreciate maybe to a smaller degree the effort that went into it since I have attempted some of it although not using VSL. I admire that you have a dedicated web site for it and even went to the trouble to show scores. I hope you draw a client in if that's what you want.

Best

-Tim

2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Nice work on this as always. I can appreciate maybe to a smaller degree the effort that went into it since I have attempted some of it although not using VSL. I admire that you have a dedicated web site for it and even went to the trouble to show scores. I hope you draw a client in if that's what you want.

Best

-Tim

No clients anymore.  I stopped soundtrack work to focus on my own music and albums..  Glad you enjoyed listening Tim and thank you for commenting.

Jerry

1 hour ago, noynekker said:

Hi Jerry . . . I always save your posts for a Sunday night, when I can have a good listen. Some truly great orchestration and dynamics in this one. You really do show off what Cakewalk can do orchestrally, and I really enjoyed this piece !

Thanks Noynekker, it pleases me that the piece brought you some enjoyment!

Jerry

Hi Jerry....beautiful and brilliant, as always....a writer once reviewed a new Beatles album back in the mid/late sixties and remarked on their "compulsive creativity" which is a description i think also applies to your musical abilities as well 👍🎶🎹🔊

1 hour ago, Larry T. said:

Hi Jerry....beautiful and brilliant, as always....a writer once reviewed a new Beatles album back in the mid/late sixties and remarked on their "compulsive creativity" which is a description i think also applies to your musical abilities as well 👍🎶🎹🔊

Thanks Larry!