Beatskillz Tekno Keys

cclarry

I bought a bundle from them couple years ago. Some of their plugins i couldn’t even map midi control.  GUI’s we’re pretty bad and file sizes were very big 10-20GB each if i remember. There was no info on file size anywhere before I got the bundle. Retrovolt was better. Got it last year but trying to check file sizes just now looks like they discontinued it.  Have no idea what that means so BEWARE.  Supposedly teknokeyz is a new engine and not recycled retrovolt sounds but discontinuing retrovolt which was similar concept is highly suspect. Would never get at full price in general.  

update: Beatskillz got back to me about Retrovolt being discontinued.  They said it was discontinued because new version is going to be released.  Let’s see how they handle it . Wish they posted something on website or made a note on product page.

Edited by kevin H

I was pretty well disappointed with retrohit. Not because it doesn't sound decent but because it doesn't quite live up to their description.

Of the "50 Drum kits," only 10 are an actual kit and the rest of the "kits" are all kicks, all snares, etc.

Also, of the "vintage drum machines namely, EMU sp12, OB- MX, LINN DRUM and Fairlight" that were sampled, there is no documentation telling you what's what. An email to support elicited no further information.

Its cool that you get 600 samples, but I wish I could construct my own drum kits within their plugin instead of loading them into something else or, better, that all "50  drum kits" were complete drum kits and that they told you what was what.

Edited by bdickens

23 hours ago, lawajava said:

I appreciate what they are doing and feel glad to support them - but when they change the price to $9 which is usually fairly quick.

They have been improving so give them that. And demo videos always sound.  Agree prices do change quite a bit so catch them on sale.