Dimension Pro "Holiday Pack" file or tips?

paulrace

I've got most of my Dimension Pro sounds working great on my new computer with Cakewalk by Bandlab, due to having kept all of my downloaded installation files and a text document of all my product serial numbers, activation codes, etc.  

But I didn't apparently save the "Holiday Pack" distribution file, and on my new computer, I can't get the "Holiday Pack" sounds to work, even though I have the .sfz files in the right directory.  That may not seem like a big deal, but I'm working on a Christmas album, and I was using several of the sounds from that pack.

Does anyone have that file, or can give me a hint on how to get Dim pro to recognize the .sfz files?

Thanks, 

- Paul 

Sfz files mostly contain instructions to the plug-in about where the samples are located and how to play them.

Rarely do they contain the actual sounds used by the plug-in.

In DP like all the other Cakewalk sfz engine synths, sfz files are part of a hierarchy used by the plug-in.

Programs may contain multiple sfz files which in turn may reference multiple samples.

IOW for a package like the "Holiday Pack" to work there are usually three parts installed:

• Programs - these go in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs"
  • Sfz files - by default these are found in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples"
  • Samples - by default these are also in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples"

If you have access to the old machine, copy the entire "Dimension Pro Holiday Pack" folders from 

• "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples" and
  •  "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs"

After copying both folders open up the DP program browser and click the F5 key to refresh the list.

Actually, I did what you suggested before I posted, and it didn't work. BUT I dug further and further back in my archives and found the original .exe file. So it's good now.  Plus a couple of others I wasn't all that concerned about.  Can't believe they're 10 years old. . . . 

Thanks!

- Paul

I consolidated all my DP, Rapture and Rapture Pro sample libraries into one big folder several years ago.

Since that time, I have built a couple of machines and have not relied on installers for programs or samples. Instead, I use the copy process detailed above along with directory junctions pointing to the Rapture Pro sample library for DP and Rapture.

While I have not tested all 20000+ programs I am reasonably certain the method works.

Before posting I checked a couple of the Holiday Pack programs.