Music Tech Magazine Feature!

ModMan

Hello fellow Cakewalkers!

My studio has just been featured in Music Tech Magazine! Here's the link to the online version but I had a double page spread in the glossy magazine!

https://www.musictech.net/features/studios/mike-lowe-studio-10-music/

Must be because I'm a Cakewalk Bandlab user? Turns out they own the magazine!

Thought you guys would be interested to see my space which has been put together for a relatively small budget.

Cheers,

Mike

p.s. I also big-up SSL... any SSL freebies gladly received...well, one can wish!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great looking studio! (I'm really exerting a lot of will-power not to comment on the lack of a lava lamp).

Interesting theme on the first pic at the top. It almost looked like you had a UAD Dream Verb plug on both monitors because of the color.

OK, the real reason I'm replying is because that is one awesome axe collection! Tell me they are Gibson's and Fender's please!! 😉

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, razor7music said:

Great looking studio! (I'm really exerting a lot of will-power not to comment on the lack of a lava lamp).

Interesting theme on the first pic at the top. It almost looked like you had a UAD Dream Verb plug on both monitors because of the color.

OK, the real reason I'm replying is because that is one awesome axe collection! Tell me they are Gibson's and Fender's please!! 😉

Thanks!!

1 Gibson - the SG, but just sold it. The Les Paul is a Japanese Edwards and the Strat is a parts-caster I put together with the Dave Gilmour mod! There's a 1985 Westone Spectrum there too - my first "decent" guitar back in 1986.

• Like 1

Nice write up and photographs.  Can you provide any "behind the scenes" information about the process?  Was the interview performed in person, telephone, e-mail or chat?  Who took the photographs?  How did Music Tech discover your studio?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 2:13 AM, fogle622 said:

Nice write up and photographs.  Can you provide any "behind the scenes" information about the process?  Was the interview performed in person, telephone, e-mail or chat?  Who took the photographs?  How did Music Tech discover your studio?

Hi, I just sent a message to the magazine after I noticed they were doing these features. It took quite some time before I got my feature. The interview questions were emailed over after a short dialog between myself and the magazine. I've had professional photos taken for my website so I just sent these in.

• Thanks 1

Ive got one of those Jet City JCA 20's as well. Great little amps that are easily over driven at decent volumes. I used to have an ISO cab but now im more for sticking a 2X12 or a 4X12 in my drum room (removing the drums first) and putting a Mic in the front and back.

• Like 1