Need help with stretching audio tracks using transients

Rideronts425

Hi yall! I'm quiet an immature in cakewalk yet. So I have this guitar track which is analogue and I need to stretch the final two chords. So I replaced the transients to fit to the exact chord progression and synchronized. Then I stretched as desired. I discovered the timing I was asking for but yet the light blue part which is in the video is like coarse and scratched/detached. So is there anyway if I could stretch these chords intact. Also I thought of if I could reduce the attack of that particular part it wouldn't be so noticeable. But I legit don't know how to make it happen either. However I could replay the part with a guitar adding more sustain but I'm so curious that if it can be done through the DAW itself.  So wishing some help from someone please.  🥺

I guess you could split the audio clip before the chord you want to process, and treat it as a single entity, and apply the stretching. Or split in several points that match your chords and do the same. You can smooth the transitions between clips on the same track by using crossfading, or move the second clip to a new track.

Another very easy and artifact free method would be using Melodyne (plugin), as a region fx, but you need the studio version, which handles polyphonic editing -  but this is a pricey plugin... 

Edited by Andres Medina
  • Great Idea 1

I've screwed up some tracks from too much stretching.

I would zoom in a lot more and make sure your transient markers bracket the part well before stretching. It's worth learning how to use the transients, I always use them to tighten up my bass and drum parts, makes the groove so much tighter sounding.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

I guess you could split the audio clip before the chord you want to process, and treat it as a single entity, and apply the stretching. Or split in several points that match your chords and do the same. You can smooth the transitions between clips on the same track by using crossfading, or move the second clip to a new track.

Another very easy and artifact free method would be using Melodyne (plugin), as a region fx, but you need the studio version, which handles polyphonic editing -  but this is a pricey plugin... 

yess! I made it through with melodyne. legit I never even knew melodyne could achieve it so fluently. Props to Mr. Andres and tysm everyone who replied!