Using Sitala Like an MPC

Xel Ohh

I'm going over Sitala in this New #youtube video ...  FREEWARE Cookup 5...  let me know if you have questions...😀🙏🏾

Sitala seems to be a slept on drum sampler so I wanted to show what it can do while make a Boom Bap beat in the process. Until we get our own sampler this be a nice workaround for some.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Is there any advantage to using sitala like an MPC over using MPC Beats?

MPC Beats is alot harder to add to the cakewalk work flow to me .. everything is traped inside the vst when you are using MPC Beats and it has a limit of 8 tracks at a time and you cannot have more than one in any session... Sitala is very low on CPU usage and you can have multiple instances of the vst.. it's easy to make templates and easy to edit sounds... You can have all the pads assign to its own channel up to 16 tracks and the best part it's FREE... Hope this helps... Let me know if you have questions..😀🙏🏾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see the limits but honestly they are mild once you get accustomed to actual mpc workflow. The 8 track limit is somewhat deceptive since a program can be absolutely humongous. If i have a drumkit with 128 individual tracks with a separate mixer channel for each pad, that counts as one track.  With that said, I realize it is not for everyone since the workflow is radically different.  I only asked because it seems like a person wanting something like an mpc would just use an mpc.   I can see where they wouldn't want to dig in that deeply 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 9:24 PM, dubdisciple said:

I see the limits but honestly they are mild once you get accustomed to actual mpc workflow. The 8 track limit is somewhat deceptive since a program can be absolutely humongous. If i have a drumkit with 128 individual tracks with a separate mixer channel for each pad, that counts as one track.  With that said, I realize it is not for everyone since the workflow is radically different.  I only asked because it seems like a person wanting something like an mpc would just use an mpc.   I can see where they wouldn't want to dig in that deeply 

Looks like you weren't asking a question but were setting the stage for your mpc spiel.  Did you get paid for that?

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

20 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

Looks like you weren't asking a question but were setting the stage for your mpc spiel.  Did you get paid for that?

Why so hostile? I talk to this guy all the time and will again.  I have no relation to Akai or their terrible customer service. I wanted to hear if there was some advantage to using another software instead of an mpc to emulate an MPC. I thought it was a legit question. Evidently you didn't. You don't have to be an ***** about it . Not sure what Akai or I did to you to get your panties twisted, but kindly miss me with your BS.  The OP is a super nice and helpful guy who didn't mind the question at all. 

• Like 4

Bill, since you chose violence instead of actual conversation, do you actually know what MPC workflow entails? I'm guessing you don't or you would know that it is different enough to warrant the question. Sometimes a piece of software can emulate another better than the original manufacturer. Some argue that Plugin alliance version of SSL strip is better than SSL's version. My question was more of an inquiry on whether there was an advantage to using Sitala to emulate the quirks of MPC software that they are known for like pattern/sequence workflow and the MPC swing and 16 levels. 

Edited by dubdisciple
  • Like 1