How do you assign same Mic input to multiple Tracks at once?

kday

Question

How do you assign one input for a Track across multiple Tracks at once? 

Say I want to assign a Mic input to one Track, and also want to assign that same Mic input to the next seven tracks in a row, so i don't have to go and do them one by one over and over again, how would I do that?

I remember this option but i forgot what it is called and how to do it?

Any help is appreciated thanks

5 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Select all the tracks you want to set the input for,  hold down CTRL and change the input for one of the tracks.  It should change it for all selected tracks.

Hey Thanks!  It worked I did that, but some tracks didn't follow the same input selected. Could be due to Track setting that prevents Mic settings. Couple went to something else. I'll see what the issue is, or maybe the track is corrupted and needs to start a whole new track.

But Thanks! Appreciate it!

44 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Using the Add Track you select the correct input and the tell it to create as many tracks as you want. 

Thanks for the reference. But i think it addresses new tracks instead of a save template full of tracks already loaded. But this link is great for other info!

Really appreciate it!

• Like 1

Here is another method that I sometimes use . . .

Set up a audio track the way you want to use it (input, FX, etc).  Select this track and "right-click".  Hold the "Ctrl" key and click on "Duplicate Track".

This will bring up a dialog that you can select how many tracks you want.   All duplicate track will have the same properties as the first (the original).

If you are intending to use folders, place original in a folder first, before you duplicate and all the dupes will be in the folder also.

Hope this helps . . .

Syphus

• Like 1