Waves Updates Available

cclarry

59 minutes ago, locrian said:

Why is this necessary?

I haven't yet figured out what the actual purpose of Waves Local Server is... 🙄

It appears to start running whenever I access the preset browser. If I end the task, it resumes the next time I browse presets.

I see that you ran into this Waves process a while back. Just stumbled across your post with a Google search...

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

WavesLocalServer…what is it and why doesn’t it quit when I quit my DAW?

https://forum.waves.com/t/waveslocalserver-what-is-it-and-why-doesnt-it-quit-when-i-quit-my-daw/2107/5

"WavesLocalServer is a background process that is used to facilitate cross plugin communications, preset scanning, advanced plugin features and licensing abilities.
This service does not collect or transmit any personal user information or usage data.
The reason this service stays open in the background is to optimize loading and scanning times. We are working to minimize the resources it requires.
There is no problem if the service is terminated, but it will be relaunched by the plugin once it is needed."

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, abacab said:

We are working to minimize the resources it requires.

Waves' achieved this goal in ver 13 plugins; the amount of RAM used by WavesLocalServer was greatly reduced from ~125MB to ~25MB.

But loading it at system startup is a step backwards.

• Like 3

It used to cause some nastiness with the Cakewalk installer because it grabbed a DLL from the Cakewalk Core folder. Then the Cakewalk installer would not be able to update the DLL.

Somehow this was fixed, not sure if it was the bakers shutting down the process during install or Waves got their act together.

• Like 1