New collection, Cover Story

steve@baselines.com

Hello fellow production and music aficionados.  Hope this brave new world is treating you as well as can be expected.

I finally gathered together a bunch of the cover tunes I have done with some very talented Bandlab people, and released it on an album called Cover Story.  I don't think I will be posting it to all the usual places because it'll cost me $15 a song to get the rights to release it (ridiculous).  Anyway, here is the link and I hope you like it.  These are some of my favorite songs over the years.

https://baselines.com/?p=6387

Stay strong and keep posting your material here.  You are making the world a better place.

Steve

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 12:40 PM, Larry T. said:

wow....i love every one of those 10 songs....you and the rest of the Bandlab folks did an absolutely great job on all of them 👍🎼🎹🔊

Thanks Larry - I appreciate you listening.  There are actually 20 songs on the collection.  I guess I'll have to see if I can make that selection box bigger!

Hey Steve,

I read up on your bio. Interesting the changes through the years. 

You really have the cover thing down as this shows. I would love to know how you put all of this together. I'm guessing mostly midi instruments you played in. You have the vocal ability to copy almost anyone pretty close. Kudos! Great mixes too. 

-Tim

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, mark skinner said:

Fantastic collection ! It's real nice to hear them all in one spot. You Always choose the greatest songs to cover , and usually not very "easy" ones. Thanks for all the work on this .  Awesome ..   mark

Thank you Mark.  Some folks like to change up covers so they are different.  I can understand that, but personally I like trying to figure out exactly what was played.  I think at least for me, it helps me learn new things.

Steve

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Hey Steve,

I read up on your bio. Interesting the changes through the years. 

You really have the cover thing down as this shows. I would love to know how you put all of this together. I'm guessing mostly midi instruments you played in. You have the vocal ability to copy almost anyone pretty close. Kudos! Great mixes too. 

-Tim

Hi Tim, yes it has been an interesting ride!  Except for bass and most of the guitars, it is all midi plugins.  Since I enjoy doing a direct copy, I put a copy of the original on a track, set the tempo map up to it, and then (sometimes painstakingly!) figure out each track.  I'm not a great singer by any stretch, but having the original vocal available helps me to try and get some sort of acceptable vocal.  Then there's Melodyne LOL.

Steve