Finally considering win 10

Zo

16 hours ago, Zo said:

here we go .....

image.png.13f4d7a54073f3fb95fed665637f545a.png

How are you upgrading to Windows 10? Did you download the Windows media creation tool and build a USB installer?

If you wish to review that process, access the link below, then hit the "+" sign next to "Using this tool to upgrade this PC to Windows 10".

Create Windows 10 installation media  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Note: there are references to needing a Windows 10 license, but it is my understanding that Windows 10 will run without being activated, with a few limitations. You can simply skip past the activation code entry, and continue on.  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-an-unactivated-windows-10/d7420644-fb2d-4c19-8948-0c7199e90e35

Edited by abacab

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I don't think so. I haven't had a working Microsoft account for many months. Every once in a while a message pops up saying there is a problem with my MS account, but I don't know what triggers it. I will continue to ignore it until some update fails to install saying I need a valid account.

I used to get this regularly too. I always caved and clicked where they told me to click and they would simply ask me to re-enter my security code I enter when booting up Windows 10. After 5 or 6 times of this happening it hasn't happened again in months. I created an account long ago and just yielded to their demands. They know who and where you are anyway. And since I have no interest in pron, questionable web sites, or cracked software, I don't really see what it matters anymore.

I'm tracked by Google on my cell phone, General Motors via Onstar in my GMC Sierra, the mandatory $600 dollar GPS tracking device the GMC dealer installs on every car to thwart stolen vehicles in the KC area, Honda in my wife's rice burner, my Ring camera, Studio One, CbB, Ozone, Melda, NI, all the free VST's I installed with spyware hidden in the .dll's, my refrigerator, dishwasher, washer/dryer in my laundry room (all newer appliances have a microphone built in and some have wifi), all the smart switches and outlets in my house, the wifi controlled fireplace I built in my bedroom with perfect view of my bed, Asus via the built in mic on my motherboard, my sleep apnea machine that has built in wifi so they can report when I sleep, how often, what room, and they can remotely cut off my oxygen and turn the machine off while I'm sleeping and kill me that gives the information to BC/BS under the guise of 'so we can make sure your insurance covers it and you don't get stuck with a $5,000 dollar bill', all my TV's that I had to agree to let access the microphones and report everything I watch, when, for how long, in order to actually use the TV for more than a PC monitor and something to hook my PlayStation up to, my PlayStation account that I was forced to provide all my personal info and credit card info to, the list of 36 websites and "Portals" with passwords I have written down to cover all the sites I shop at, pay through, buy software through, pharmacy, doctors, cloud service for my house thermostat with camera and mic built in that the power company made me install else my bill would go up, power company, trash pickup, internet service that rides me worse than an unwilling drunk co-ed from the U.S. who staggered two blocks east of the 'tourist safe zone' in Tia Juana, all with all my personal information including bank account, credit card, s.s. #, d.o.b., address, mothers maiden name, street I grew up on, what school I went to, name of town I grew up in, where I was born, first dog's name, best friends name, I mean, what's the point of fighting it anymore? LOL! Game over man! Game over! LOL!

If the people who started all this whose software is what all this runs on (Microsoft) wants my name and address, well, I figure they already have it and I might as well just play along and maybe I'll skim under their radar if I don't rock the boat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

How are you upgrading to Windows 10? Did you download the Windows media creation tool and build a USB installer?

If you wish to review that process, access the link below, then hit the "+" sign next to "Using this tool to upgrade this PC to Windows 10".

Create Windows 10 installation media  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Note: there are references to needing a Windows 10 license, but it is my understanding that Windows 10 will run without being activated, with a few limitations. You can simply skip past the activation code entry, and continue on.  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-an-unactivated-windows-10/d7420644-fb2d-4c19-8948-0c7199e90e35

this

https://appuals.com/windows-10-installation-has-failed/

Tried the stuff , didn't helped , usb way will not keep my program , so i will perfomr a clean install this summer , i don't have time to go on a week long install ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

this

https://appuals.com/windows-10-installation-has-failed/

Tried the stuff , didn't helped , usb way will not keep my program , so i will perfomr a clean install this summer , i don't have time to go on a week long install ....

USB upgrade way will keep your programmes’ it certainly did when i upgraded.

You can also create a folder on your C drive and copy the USB contents into it. I upgraded via this method, albeit a long time ago.

J

1 hour ago, craigb said:

No wonder you're depressed!  🤣🤣🤣

Nah. I'm good man. I wake up every morning and look at my own 50 yo sagging boobs for free in the mirror and tell myself, self, it could be worse. You could play guitar left handed, get hit by a runaway speeding school bus, and be out of work for 9 years. Then I cruise the forums and talk to you guys's and I'm happy as a clam.

I purchased a new replacement laptop for a my back up computer which died.

Today, the new computer said it was ready for Windows 11!   Why not?  

2 Hours later I rolled back that turkey.  What a miserable, lethargic piece of sheet.

I had forgotten that you are suppose to skip every other version of Windows.   Windows 12 will probably be good.

• Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I purchased a few Windows 10 pro licenses last year and have had zero issue with all of those installs.

I am going to hold out on Windows 11 until they get the bugs worked out.

I'm seriously thinking of freezing my system for now. Heck, I would still be happy with Sonar 8.5 on an XP system up until this latest incarnation of Ozone 9 Advanced. It was a great DAW. Fully customizable graphics ... grrr. I better stop. LOL. And only because O9A won't run on XP. I imagine O9A will run for several generations of Windows beyond 10, but I'm seriously thinking of unplugging my DAW and only popping it on the net to keep things like CbB and other net authorized software alive when forced to.

Right now I'm using a little USB Wifi stick to connect it to the net and it's working flawlessly. I can move my DAW anywhere in my house now without worrying about how I'm going to get an ethernet cable to it and it's super easy to just pop it out when I don't want it on the net. I'm getting ready to take the plunge back in to the gaming world and I'm looking at a gaming PC I'll use for net and just keep my DAW off the net from now on and frozen in time. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grem said:

Did Sonar 4 have support for VST or was it still on DX?

But then again, when I checked this spreadsheet, I only see DX plugins for Sonar 3 & 4. But these are only included plugins, and not 3rd party.

Not exactly sure when VST hosting happened in Sonar. Maybe @scookremembers when ...?

Sonar Plugins Sonar 3 to Platinum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qNsnKBASsnsALygDDQSQ4jFW6yhZIJZcIpfwH-6qgy0/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true