Finally considering win 10

Zo

hey guys since exclusive win 10 apps get more and more updated , studio one being one of them...

i'm moving to win 10 but small questions :

is this supposed to replace the welcome screen ? (that i love in 8.1)

image.thumb.png.cae16011c5f8e55193b6cf4276dddba2.png

By the way any words on 11 ? what 's the common consencus about it ?

Also if you see no more reviews for a week or two , you know that i'm rolling back with a clean install lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, paulo said:

In terms of the DAW pc 8.1 is still the future for me, lol !

i wish i could buty this will mean no key features for me in studio one and new uad stuff as well , my komplete m 32 working at half (can use midi in configuration ...ect ...) so i'm seeing more and more stuff going strikly windows 10 (for no reason if you ask me , since the thingy is so close to 8.1)

1 minute ago, Zo said:

i wish i could buty this will mean no key features for me in studio one and new uad stuff as well , my komplete m 32 working at half (can use midi in configuration ...ect ...) so i'm seeing more and more stuff going strikly windows 10 (for no reason if you ask me , since the thingy is so close to 8.1)

Win 10 isn't gonna make Studio One any less ugly

:) 

10 minutes ago, Zo said:

Windows 10 is good until 2025. So no rush on Windows 11 yet.

Here's the lifecycle FAQ for Windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/windows

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zo said:

Thay gives me only 3 years of chilling versus 10 years i spent on win 8.1 lol

But depending on your current hardware, your existing PC may not be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 11. So you would be stuck with 10 until you get a new PC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Guyz by the way do i have to have a windows account ? (please say no , please say no ) spamming me at start or some ?

I don't think so. I haven't had a working Microsoft account for many months. Every once in a while a message pops up saying there is a problem with my MS account, but I don't know what triggers it. I will continue to ignore it until some update fails to install saying I need a valid account.

The message you got _CODE_KILLED (full constant name is RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE). It means a program was intentionally terminated by the operating system. Not that that helps, as there are multiple reasons for Windows killing a process, such as when you shut down Windows while programs are running, stopping a program via Task Manager, even rare instances of Windows euthanizing a runaway program that's demanding all the memory.

A google search showed a recent rash of RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE reports, all related to loading web documents in Chrome and Edge. Firefox does not seem to be affected. (I haven't had any issues here, and I run Brave, which is based on the Chrome engine.)

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I don't think so. I haven't had a working Microsoft account for many months. Every once in a while a message pops up saying there is a problem with my MS account, but I don't know what triggers it. I will continue to ignore it until some update fails to install saying I need a valid account.

The message you got _CODE_KILLED (full constant name is RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE). It means a program was intentionally terminated by the operating system. Not that that helps, as there are multiple reasons for Windows killing a process, such as when you shut down Windows while programs are running, stopping a program via Task Manager, even rare instances of Windows euthanizing a runaway program that's demanding all the memory.

A google search showed a recent rash of RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE reports, all related to loading web documents in Chrome and Edge. Firefox does not seem to be affected. (I haven't had any issues here, and I run Brave, which is based on the Chrome engine.)

That part was on a web page behind the message , don t take it as a part of it ,  googled and a lot of peopele have thos issue , i will try the work around , if no luk , will do clean install this summer ...

the mix scene in studio one would have helped me a lot ... sonce i do a lot of mix work .... lately