Bandlab Keeps Undeleting Old Folder

Ricebug

I have several songs, each in their own folder. I finish one song, copy its folder to a backup drive, and delete the original.

Then I go to the next folder to work on the song there. Trouble is, Bandlab undeletes (yes, UNDELETES) the first folder, and tries to find the audio files therein. Of course, I've got to tell it for each file, "No, dummy, it's not THERE, it's HERE." Reference file from here.

This is a real PITA. Am I doing something wrong? Because I've been using this program for years, even when it was still owned by Cakewalk/Sonar/etc. Never had this problem before.

I double-checked the Folder Locations under Preferences. That old folder is not in there, in case anyone asks.

Edited by Ricebug

Yes, but may I ask why are you deleting folders?    You should have at least 3 copies of each project.  

What might be happening is you have somehow started recording before saving to a new location. This wil put audio in the folder of the other project etc. 

Always use SAVE AS and check the copy all audio with project box. This will copy only the audio needed for the project. 

• Like 1