Reaper updated to 6.45

cclarry

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I gotta try reaper. Starting to really worry about cubase. 

Given the delay of 11.5 / 12 and the DAW landscape, I'm expecting something really spectacular.  There is already something of a "dump Cubase movement".  It's theirs to lose.

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

working with a group a big barrier is cost

yep, but the reg price of Reaper is pretty reasonable compared to the alternatives (do they even have sales?). Doubt it will all get sorted out in 60 days, but not expecting them to send the agency after me if it takes a bit longer. AFAIK, there are no showstoppers on functionality. 

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Not true. It's not free. You are required to purchase it after 60 days of evaluation. They are quite lenient on that aspect, with the nag, but if you are using it for more than 60 days you are supposed to pay up!

Adjusted my post accordingly - "big one for us is ITS FREE FOR A DECENT PERIOD - 60 days evaluation".

My main point was when working with a group of people .. cost will always be a factor to get people to buy into something usage wise .. initially and longer term. The least number of barriers to get people onside the better in a group.

This of course is where Cakewalk comes into its own, but its PC based and not on MAC .. which is in my case for the band with mac users and pc users the reason I use reaper for band purposes. Outside of that I use Cakewalk as always

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Adjusted my post accordingly - "big one for us is ITS FREE FOR A DECENT PERIOD - 60 days evaluation".

My main point was when working with a group of people .. cost will always be a factor to get people to buy into something usage wise .. initially and longer term. The least number of barriers to get people onside the better in a group.

That was a nice thing to do.

I understood your point, but unfortunately some folks probably will think that Reaper is free, due to it's open ended "nag" policy. We don't need to be encouraging the intentional breaking of software license terms. And as you said, $60 ain't that much for a DAW with great community support, and frequent updates. :)

• Like 1