Read all about it (pre master)

Paul Bush

Hi chaps well this ones been on the back burner for some time , so I made some (many)changes and heres what came out , itS  another  rant about , politics and media etc all comments are welcome cheers P.. .......the end will faded out at some stage....

• Like 2

Yeah, Paul, those drums need some work and they need to be up in the mix too!  Some good changes in this and your voice is really good -- phrasing and tone.  Some very nice guitar lines and such particularly in the instrumental section -- lots of creativity-- another good one 😉 -- Allan.  

Hi Paul . . . this grimsby thing is turning into a really great tune ! I think it would be time well spent tweaking this mix, because this is a good one. The lead vocals and political attitude lyrics really work for me, and the guitar solo in the middle really caught my attention, also the instrumental part right after that with the bass guitar high end melody . . . has something special. You have such a great feel for the background harmony vocals, oohs and aahs here really work well.

Overall mix wise I'm hearing mostly that the bottom end needs boosting . . . yes everything's clear, because of that, but so missing that low eighties punch you want.

52 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I'll echo all of the above.

t

What's your overall level on the mix, seems a bit light, had to turn it up quite a bit...
Not that that's a bad thing...

Yeah Hi t , Ive left myself a bit of headroom on this one before I master, this is the first time I`ve managed to do this as usually I push it all to the max leaving nowhere to go later on so i´m really experimenting with this one , the drums are all seperate, and many tracks  are using  lots of busses giving me easyer  control at the mix stage ....well thats the idea anyway ..or failing that I`ll just have a few beers and push record ......cheers P

• Like 1