VSTBuzz: 65% off “Oscillation Strings” by Ben Osterhouse

VSTBuzz

oscillation-strings-main1-e1640194181165

Deal: 65% off "Oscillation Strings" by Ben Osterhouse
Value: €72
Discount: 65%
Price: €25

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com

“Oscillation Strings” offers a unique approach to creating intimate, gentle, repeating string swells by providing a collection of 3 different Rhythmic Styles and user controlled Custom Swells in one easy to understand interface. This library is perfect for Intimate Film Scoring, TV Music and Chamber Music!

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com!

• Like 6

FYI, the next Ben Osterhouse library, Pathfinder Cello, will be a Native Instruments product.  So it will be NKS and Kontakt Player and you'll be able to get it this August/September as part of one of the versions of Komplete 14.  Probably Ultimate or CE.  

It was supposed to come out on January 1st, but Ben said in VI:Control that  they're still working on it.  It always takes more time to get stuff through NI.

I was asked to beta test it, but doing so for NI means actually writing music with it.  Too much of an ask while I was going nuts being Tiger the Frog.  Too bad, I would have done it if the request had come up at a different time.     @Simeon Amburgey and I got to know Ben when he came on our podcast.  I bet he beta tested it, but can't talk about it.  😀

It will no doubt be released with some kind of intro price, so that the vouchers won't work. 😀

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

I'm a regular follower on VI-C. And saw the thread. I hope Ben will get some decent monies from this (I have no idea how things work with Loot, PB and VST Buzz. But with the low prices his labours have gone for. He is more than deserving of a little financial "comfort".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TracingArcs said:

I'm a regular follower on VI-C. And saw the thread. I hope Ben will get some decent monies from this (I have no idea how things work with Loot, PB and VST Buzz. But with the low prices his labours have gone for. He is more than deserving of a little financial "comfort".

I think Ben is fine. He lives modestly in St Paul, Minnesota, not New York or LA.  He was a student when he started putting out libraries.  Now he's a teacher.  He records these instruments in a room at home, i think.   He's the performer, recorder, and coder.  So I would say he keeps his costs down. 😀

And if you compare his stuff to other things on Loot, I wouldn't call them especially cheap.  I own most of them but I don't own them all and I wish I did.

I've never understood why he doesn't put up his own website and keep all the money.  But I guess he doesn't want the hassle of people calling him all the time when their download doesn't go right. 

But I agree with you.  Having an instrument with NI is going to do wonders for his career.  Countless more people will discover his talent and they're going to buy his other stuff.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

I have Sospiro Strings and definitely find Ben's libraries are a bargain. As a rock musician, I'm not totally sure I would have a use for Oscillation Strings, but it's such a bargain, I keep looking for reasons. I'm thinking after I play with it a while I might be inspired. I have always been in love with the sound of the cello. Ben seems like a really humble, down to earth, and very talented musician and sample developer. I did watch and enjoy your interview with him @Simeon Amburgey. I think String Flow is the library I may pick up next. To Simeon's point in his video, I actually want dry strings. Most of the music I record is the realm of rock, alternative rock or folk rock (more in the Damien Rice / Irish folk vein than the old school American folk). So, considering that, if anyone else is doing rock and uses these and wants to share how useful Oscillation Strings is for them, I'm all ears. I just love the sounds of the cello and strings so much, I'm very tempted. 

For anyone who has yet to buy any of Ben Osterhouse's libraries, I highly recommend them. I think they are great bargains. He's exactly the kind of small developer I love seeing succeed. Really great quality stuff, he's an out of the box thinker and his prices are really low for what you're getting.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

Who am I kidding??? I'm going to end up buying this. I just know it. I was just looking for someone to persuade me. I watched Simeon's video a long time ago and was watching a little of it again. Thank goodness this library is inexpensive! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

I hope Ben will get some decent monies from this (I have no idea how things work with Loot, PB and VST Buzz. But with the low prices his labours have gone for. He is more than deserving of a little financial "comfort".

I always believed it's the other way around. With lower prices he could get more money from bigger sales number.