Across The Atlantic

Tim Smith

20 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Does SoundCloud cut the silence on the intro?
I'd give it a moment more if that's not an SC thing (cutting the lead in).

You've been busy lately!

👍

t

I have been having some issues with SC . I will look into it. Thanks.

Yeah, the more I put out the less attention my channel gets lol. Maybe I should go back to one tune every three months.

• Like 1

Really cool...I always felt, not in just this piece, but when i listen to any Irish music, that the individual instruments sound so cool and could benefit from allowing them to play solo for a little.  Adds more drama by adding and subtracting instruments.  Also I love when Irish instruments are allowed to go "free-time"

More Please!!

• Like 1

Thanks @Wookiee

@Jimbo 88 It almost seemed to me as if the flute and violin blended to one instrument in the second half. Probably too much so. In real Irish Traditional music seldom is there any counter melody. The music itself is very basic with a melody line and rhythm line and percussion. No counter point. No harmony. I have a tendency to want other elements in it. Then I would be westernizing what it really is. In my celtic material I color outside of those lines frequently.

@steve@baselines.com I played the bass today heh heh. At least I guess it qualified as playing it. I should probably trade the  active rock bass for a Fender. Your screen name reminded me of bass. I guess you're a bass player?  Thanks for those comments. I was in Dublin once before COVID and that whole city is hopping at night...or was.

@mark skinner Thanks for comments. I attempted to make it something Irish people could dance to. Me not so much. I am the worst dancer ever....except for that time I stepped in the fire ant bed. I pulled some moves that day :)

Edited by Tim Smith