Studio One 5.5 is out NOW!

cclarry

41 minutes ago, fret_man said:

After installing this I got my first ever bug/crash with Studio One. I heard a pop and then the Master volume was pegged at max red volume. No sound. I couldn't get the master volume unpegged no matter what I clicked/dragged. It was fix by saving and restarting Studio One. it's been fine since then.

This kind of weird behavior happened to me when I initially installed the prior update. Other people had odd behavior too and we were talking about it on their forum. Just for the hell of it I reinstalled Studio One and all the problems I a few guys reported it worked for them as well.

Maybe give that a try if it keeps giving you trouble. I've seen weird behavior after installing an update in S1 since I upgraded from version 3. I skipped 4 and went from 3 to 5. Re-installing has fixed it every time so far. HTH. 👍🏻

Side note: The thread I'm referring to over there has been purged. They have a nasty habit of doing that especially in the "official discussion" threads they start after every new update and upgrade. I'm actually shocked my 666 error code thread is still there and allowed to continue since 2015. They really don't like older threads being restarted. It's not as open a forum as ours is here.

• Like 2

Cubase is moving to version 12 soon. We'll see what's new. Interested to see the new licensing scheme too.

I haven't had any issue with 11.0.41.

The piano roll in Cubase is hands down my best midi editor. I'm glad I have it for that reason alone.

I haven't downloaded SO5.5 yet but the mastering section sounds like a real treat. 

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Check on Youtube, I saw someone posting a fix a while ago.

I didn't have this issue in version 5. I didn't find anything specifically on YouTube. I'm going to check the version of Vocalign I have. It's probably version 3 since I have not upgraded it in awhile, and as I understand it, they don't plan to update that plugin.

At this point I can't open 5.5 at all.

Thanks,

-Tim

7 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I didn't have this issue in version 5. I didn't find anything specifically on YouTube. I'm going to check the version of Vocalign I have. It's probably version 3 since I have not upgraded it in awhile, and as I understand it, they don't plan to update that plugin.

Thanks,

-Tim

Trying re-installing 5.5. This has fixed weird stuff like that for me that started when I upgraded from V3 to V5. I skipped V4. So far it's fixed a lot of weird midi behavior and other things I ran in to.

I don't use Vocalign so I can't test for you. But so far everything else they touted in the release video is working for me and I see people on their forum saying they can't get it to work.

HTH. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Thanks,

-Tim

Yes they updated Vocalign Project to version 5