/

Hidden Symmetry

Sweet....sounds great, i hear no timing errors, nor any other kind for that matter....drums are great 👍👍 (live or VST????), guitars, sax, brass, keyboard (maybe bring up in the mix)....reminds me of Weather Report with a guitarist....Return to Forever....i'd say the collaboration is working quite great 🎶🎹🎷🔊

• Like 1

Yeah! I couldn't wait to hit play on this one.

Awesome chords, unexpected arrangement moves, funky emphasized punctuated hits, and awesome chops in an awesome mix.

One thought might be, in the very intro / first minute, and a lot throughout the piece, you have a unison sax and guitar - the sax gets buried by the guitar (for me) and I don't know that the clean sax/dirty crunch guitar works that amazing in unison? Maybe a bit more sax brightens that up when they are together? 

But I trust your judgment 100x more than mine! Great tune, dug the ending too, it sticks the landing!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, KurtS said:

Very cool and good energy. Like the horns and of course great guitar too. Is this your usual group of guys?

Thanks for listening Kurt, same guys but a different drummer than my last 2 albums. He's the sax players son.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:04 PM, antler said:

I enjoyed that - there's a really nice interplay between the guitar and the horns. Really good mix too!

Have to ask though - what inspired the track title? :)

Thanks for the listen & comments.

DDG is just a working title. nothing special. I name my projects with the date created which gets confusing.. That little unison  figure reminded me DDG, I might change it later.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, jack c. said:

welp ya started this new year off in a wonderful way.beautifulway.nice chords.jack c.

thank you kindly jack, appreciate it.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Yeah! I couldn't wait to hit play on this one.

Awesome chords, unexpected arrangement moves, funky emphasized punctuated hits, and awesome chops in an awesome mix.

One thought might be, in the very intro / first minute, and a lot throughout the piece, you have a unison sax and guitar - the sax gets buried by the guitar (for me) and I don't know that the clean sax/dirty crunch guitar works that amazing in unison? Maybe a bit more sax brightens that up when they are together? 

But I trust your judgment 100x more than mine! Great tune, dug the ending too, it sticks the landing!

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom, thanks for listening & the feedback. I'll check out your suggestions when I get back to mixing it. I'm taking a break from this one for a while.

On 1/10/2022 at 11:18 PM, noynekker said:

Great mix, amazing tune ! Excellent all star collaboration from the sound of it all . . . c'mon just form a band, go on tour, I would stand in line for this.

No plans for a tour but that would be a blast. Thanks for listening & the kind words!

On 1/11/2022 at 5:16 AM, garybrun said:

Thats one classy drummer..
Nice panning..  guitar player aint bad too  🙂

Thanks for listening & the feedback Gary.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:34 AM, freddy j said:

Great guitar work and I love that sax.  Your drummer has done some really good  live work on this track.

Very nice indeed!

Thanks freddy & glad you enjoyed the track.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:52 AM, Wookiee said:

@Hidden Symmetry Cool grooving sir very cool grooving. This has elements of Camel, the16's on the HH, the cool keys and Winds and some very sweet guitar licks.

Thanks Wookiee, Camel brings back some memories, haven't listened to them in ages!

On 1/12/2022 at 9:40 AM, mark skinner said:

Fantastic ! That was one of the best drum/bass lock in's that I've ever heard. Yeah , the entire production is right up there with the top notch jazz bands like Weather Report.     Nice ..   mark

Thanks for listening & the kind words Mark, appreciate it.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, DeeringAmps said:

As always Carl totally top shelf!

👍's, but that hardly says enough...

t

dropped a like, tried to leave a comment over at  BandLab

Hi Tom, thanks for the comments & support over at BL too.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Love the playing, guitar and sax especially - just first class that's all I can say.

Great track, really enjoyed it - thanks for posting

Nigel

Many thanks Nigel, glad you enjoyed the track.