15% off Beyerdynamic Headphones

cclarry

I hate to say it, but $149 is the regular price for a the DT 770 PRO 80 ohms.   I know because I shopped for awhile and that's the price today at Amazon. I don't know about the other headphones.   However, I was able to buy a pair for $140 during Black Friday.  I remember somebody posting an announcement here where they were less than that.

That said, I really recommend these headphones. The 770 has changed my life. I'm mad I never bought a decent pair of phones before .  The difference between these and my old CB-1s is truly night and day.  I may end up buying a second pair when there is the kind of sale where they reduce the price. 😀

FYI, the  770 is closed, the 990 is open, and then there is the 880 (not on sale here)  which is kind of in the middle, and that's the one Ann-Kathrin Dern uses (along with her Sennheiser).  You don't have to spend a fortune to get something that is really super-comfortable and sounds great.

What I like about these phones is that they give you a clear picture in your mind between  all the different instruments. It's uncanny  It really sculpts them out.  So when I mixed my first binaural track, it sounded awesome.  Then I listened to it on my CB-1s and it was mud.   You would never notice that it wasn't good if you didn't hear the same thing on the Beyerdynamics.  I had to revise my mix and try to find a middle ground.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I hate to say it, but $149 is the regular price for a the DT 770 PRO 80 ohms.   I know because I shopped for awhile and that's the price today at Amazon. I don't know about the other headphones.  

With the code the price would 15% less Reid...$127.50

2 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Sorry, Larry.  I should learn to read. And I may take advantage of this offer now that I understand it. 

Anyway, maybe somebody would be interested in what I said about the phones.

Thanks, Reid. Always been hesitant between Sennheiser and Beyer. Then, always got the former. 

• Like 1

I still mix with my Beyerdynamic DT 880 S, which are at least 40 years old! I am more into open back headphones for 2 reasons: they are known to have a better sound field than closed back and with them I can hear life around me, like door bell, phone, etc. I do have cheap Monoprice closed back for tracking vocal and acoustic guitar.

I guess newer models should sound better so I asked Santa for some. My wife gave me the new Beyerdynamic DT-900-PRO-X, but I am still waiting for them to arrive. No stock here yet.

• Like 1