TH-U Updated Again (Not a Deal)

ZincT

Hello ZT, how do you like TH-U so far?

I didn't see a compelling reason to update/upgrade, but didn't yet demo it either. Any features in it that are worth the upgrade or even inspiring?   

Hi Mesh,

Compelling? Not really.

I do like some of the new amps, especially when tweaked. I also spent an afternoon trying out different tubes in various amps and was pleasantly surprised at the tonal variation. I got it while it was on the intro offer and, to be honest, it wasn't a no-brainer even then. 

Then again sometimes I think it's worth supporting a great developer. I like how they handled the free unlocking of plugins when Cakewalk went under not to mention some of the great freebies (Gem EQ) and other offers I have used to upgrade e.g. TH3 and BReverb.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

Just to add a few observations coming from TH1 all the way to TH-U:

• As far as inspiring goes, I find the amp tweaking to be very useful, moreso on some amps vs. others but on most.  Adds a lot of variation to a single amp head.
  • The new IR loader is MUCH easier to use.
  • I prefer the old UI - easier on the eyes but I hear there will be updates.
  • The value of the Rig Player is TBD.  I think they need more modules out there to show the range of possibilities.  The controls don't seem to have as much an effect on overall sound as I expected but I probably haven't played with it enough.
  • New amps - very nice additions, both clean and high gain.  Their Bugera is brutal!!!  I do like some of the Italian amps that I would never have heard of if they weren't in TH-U.
  • I worked with Red at Overloud to translate their splash pages for TH-U.  If the rest of the Overloud crew are as professional and accommodating as he is, I definitely will support them in the future.

The only reason it wasn't a no-brainer deal for me is that TH3 is already so flipping good.  Glad I updated anyway but YMMV.

• Like 1